Project Manager (Epic)
Atlanta, GA | Contract
Project Manager (Epic)
Manage resources to ensure assigned projects adhere to defined standards and deliver projects on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the end customer while keeping in alignment with the defined requirements of Information Services strategy and business direction.
- Oversee larger and more highly complex projects.
- Assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, and develop project schedules.
- Responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed.
- Responsible for Vendor negotiation and management. Must be familiar with the entire scope and requirements of project(s) and serve as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project.
- Possess highly specialized knowledge in one or more specific technologies and business areas.
- Provide effective project management (PM) by following established standards and contribute to improve PM methodologies with timely deliverables and measurements. Specifically responsible for:
- Leading projects through all phases of project activity, including initiation, planning, execution, control and close.
- Assessing, planning for, and mitigating project risks.
- Providing timely status reports and project documentation
- Identifying and ensuring proper skill sets, staffing and training to make project(s) successful.
- Balancing scope, timeline and resources as appropriate to ensure project success
- Managing requirements and establishing a change control process
- Overseeing timelines to manage the duration and track the critical path of project(s)
- Establishing and maintaining budget management procedures for the project under company guidelines.
- Coordinating relationships with contractors, consultants and vendors as required by the project.
- Applying advanced measurement concepts, implementing and teaching others how to implement measurements as part of standard work processes.
- Skilled and experienced in all nine areas of knowledge: Integration Management, Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Quality Management, Human Resource Management, Communications Management, Risk Management, Procurement Management.
- Excels at leading and guiding groups and teams; highly skilled at developing the staff at lower levels in the org.; possesses excellent monitoring and control skills, and at assuring overall quality of work effort; has direct supervisory responsibility for project teams including both IT and users and has supervisory responsibility for an organizational team; performs personnel reviews based on project work as part of Human Resource performance evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; highly skilled at planning, organizing, directing, controlling, guiding, supporting work efforts of all sizes and complexity; organizing a project and the work of others; highly skilled in both verbal and written communication.
- Proficient at leveraging system development and/or project management methodology and proficient at working through and with others to deliver results that meet or exceed requirements and expectations; possesses strong skills in leading meetings, estimating, monitoring work, problem-solving and error correction, and keeping projects on track.
- Possesses understanding of global network architecture with wide and local area network theory and technology; understanding and familiarity with global applications architecture that is driven by web applications with backend systems and databases, specifically Oracle and SQL, UNIX.
- Understanding of and familiarity with MS Windows environment, specifically Windows 7, XP; experienced in Unified Project Management Methodologies with templates and tools as well as MS Project Server, MS Visio, MS Office and other tools.
A qualified candidate for this position must:
- Have a Bachelor’ s Degree.
- PM Certification Preferred.
- Be a polished professional.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Remain flexible and execute flawlessly in a dynamic environment.
- Have proven track record of IS Project Successes.
- Have Full SDLC and PM management lifecycle experience with proven results.
- Be able to operate efficiently in an unstructured and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work in a professional environment with low to medium noise.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Demonstrates ability to lift no more than 15 pounds.