Irving, TX | Contract
External Job Description:
The Project Coordinator serves in a support role, assisting the members of the Project Management Office. This position assists supervisor - manager & other team members with all aspects of projects throughout the project lifecycle, including project scope, schedule, communications, risk, resources, quality, costs and change management by providing first class accurate, effective & timely customer service.
Under the supervision of supervisor - manager, the Project Coordinator assists in the implementation & execution of projects, providing both administrative and logistic support. The Project Coordinator assists in the coordination of various events in the planning, scheduling, reporting, communicating, ordering, installation, and follow-on cycle. Participates in coordinating the personnel required to complete the project and managing paperwork related to multiple technology projects. The coordinator maintains and updates status logs, and contributes to progress reports produced for clients and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 80% Provides project coordination support for projects
- 1. Scheduling/Project Planning
- 2. Project Task Execution, Assignment and Follow up
- 3. Project Reporting
- 4. Manage daily project operations
- 5. Successful fulfillment of project obligations
- 6. Relationship management with customers, partners and client' s team members
- Assists in the development & planning of project, cost estimates and budgets, timelines and schedules
- Follows-up on project activities.
- Prepares reports on status of all services provided for projects - activities
- Coordinates and assists in the development of electronic and written materials for project management document, and status updates
- May act as liaison between functional units involved in project
- Assists in the coordination of all personnel: upper management, team members, vendors, contractors, etc., necessary to complete the project
- Runs reports and consolidates data concerning labor utilization and other project costs.
- Integrates financial data for multiple projects.
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
- 20% Communication:
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings.
- Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other practices.
- Records and manages Action Items and Meeting results.
Requirements: Minimum 2 years’ experience in the following
- Must strong project coordination experience
- Microsoft Excel – intermediate user with the ability to:
- Create reports/spreadsheets and manipulate data for reporting
- Ability to construct spreadsheet for reports and tracking
- Adept to using features and functions – including VLOOKUP and Pivot
- Export/import data
- Microsoft Office Suites – Project, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Create and present PowerPoint presentations
- Know how to navigate in Project, Word and Outlook
- Very detailed and great follow-up skills working with team and clients
- Excellent time management skills
- Enthusiastic and self-driven; very resourceful and collaborative
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to interface with client and internal managers and team
- Education: BE, BS or BA (or equivalent) within a technical or business field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: 2 or more years’ experience in the project coordination preferred.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills -
- Interpersonal Skills: Highly developed communication skills; The ability to interact effectively with people across the enterprise and within customer organizations by providing the first class customer service.
- Mathematical Skills: No specific skill required; basic mathematics and logic are necessary.
- Reasoning Skills: Must take initiative, be able to work independently, and produce measurable results that positively impact the project baselines; the ability to collect and filter relevant data valid for decision-making in a dynamic environment, and to integrate individual demands, requirements, and limitations into decisions that benefit the overall project
- Computer and/or Technical Skills: Advanced knowledge and ability to use the software required, specifically Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.). Experienced in planning, staffing, and project control. Experience utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands - General Work Environment:
- Office Setting - Noise: Low noise level.
- Standing/Lifting: Occasional standing. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
- Visual: Prolonged periods of computer work on an LCD monitor required.
- Travel: This position does not require travel but occasionally might visit clients
- Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.