Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
The Program Manager is the key organizational position focusing on projects (e.g. project strategy, planning and execution) and the software development process. The person in this role is responsible for the generation and maintenance of integrated project programs and for ensuring optimal execution of organization-wide cross-functional project activities required to progress projects to the next decision point and on to successful delivery. The Program Director will provide leadership for the Project Management team ensuring consistent processes, measurable productivity and improvement, and driver of the corporate priorities.
- Manage organization-wide group of cross-functional project teams in partnership with VP Engineering, CTO, and other member of the Executive and Product Management teams.
- Provide visibility into all project roadmaps and statuses to product, business and management teams.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of all organization-wide project activities; Identify activities on the critical path; assure continuous consistency with project strategy; allow teams to focus on their work rather than the process.
- Manage successful execution and delivery of committed initiatives for our client' s growing ecosystem of products and services.
- Grow and further establish the PMO, including intake and management of goals and commitments, development and maintenance of the project management methodology, team-wide project tracking and status reporting, and tracking of measurable improvement in project estimation, accuracy, and reliability.
- Communicate and lead change management for software development practices across the organization.
- Responsible for introduction and process improvement and process training to all software development teams and other stakeholders in the organization
- Ensure that projects are properly planned, communicated and progressed
- Provide direct project management services across the organization as well as managing and mentoring a team of 4 staff project managers
- Responsible for driving consistent management of outside relationships, including other stakeholder teams in the organization and third party customers.
- Contribute to improvements of tools and processes used in project management.
- Owner and management of workflows for internal project teams and task tracking
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Agile project management in a technical environment.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Looking for a candidate with a sound understanding of agile project management processes.
- Advanced degree and formal training in project management. CSM is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA and Atlassian suite of Project Management tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and information management skills.
- Experience in direct people management role with demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Skill in facilitating/optimizing the contribution of diverse team members as individuals and as a team.
- Capable of quickly gathering high-level understanding of complex technical and scientific issues.
- Fluent English (oral and written), other languages are an additional asset.