Atlanta, GA | Contract
Program Manager IT
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Lead the coordination of major technological corporate initiatives for Global Reservations Systems Ecosystems to support the successful implementation of new applications and systems based on business and customer objectives. Oversee the program management of major initiatives typically requiring multiple project managers. Perform integration functions and resolve issues across multiple projects. Involves balancing competing demands among scope, time, cost, and quality, stakeholders with differing needs and expectations, identifying requirements (needs) and unidentified requirements (expectations) and working concurrently with multiple client departments and vendors on IT and business focused projects. Coordinate a team of peer project managers for use in tactical project execution.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating major programs by developing program plans and schedules, adhering to project budget for all assigned projects, managing project resource constraints, identifying, analyzing and responding to risks, ensuring timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and ultimate disposition of project information ensuring project include all work required and only work required, to complete the project successfully.
- Analyze program budgets, estimate from participating organizations and provide direction for the overall development of all program budgets and integrated cost profiles
- Direct and coordinate the activities of stakeholders, platform owners and project managers in the development, integration, and implementation of assigned projects. .
- Manage the preparation of all program / project management plans and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity, as well as issues and risks.
- Actively report and help resolve issues and mitigate risks where possible.
- Lead project teams as needed and provide technical guidance and leadership to staff; act as consultant and technology expert to management in resolving unusually difficult problems.
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams in inter-organization task teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to IT.
- Develop / modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between Global Technology and its business functions / partners.
- Update and maintain a program plan, issues and risks log and action items and decisions log for the program.
- Actively participate in group workshops, and status meetings, and communicate program status as well as recommendations.
- Bachelor' s or Master' s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 8-10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / technologies / processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years managing teams and / or significant complex projects. Must have prior large-scale systems development and program management experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Experience managing multiple projects in a technology environment such applications development, data center operations, change management, and production support.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing and explaining technical and project related information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Strong Knowledge of Portfolio tool, Mainframe and or Client server hardware / software.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.