Atlanta, GA | Contract
The Program Manager provides program management services for systems and software development, directly and/or through a managed staff of project managers. He/she is responsible for overseeing day-to-day execution of projects as well as participating in short and long term planning for the product line. He/she has responsibility for the life cycle of the systems to be developed and/or integrated to achieve success and must have the background and expertise in software development life cycle that aligns with product and implementation methodologies.
PREPARE AND MAINTAIN THE PROGRAM PLANS
• Establish master plan framework for program tracking and control including processes defined by the department.
• Translate program objectives into integrated plans, schedules, and budgets for the entire life cycle.
• Establish tracking and roll-up of project milestones and metrics for program level status reporting.
• Establish and manage stakeholder expectations and revise plans and shift priorities as needed in conjunctions with all participating parties
• PROVIDE LEADERSHIP AND DIRECTION FOR THE CROSS FUNCTIONAL PRODUCT TEAMS
• Communicate program objectives, priorities, and direction to everyone involved in the program
• Build and motivate the program teams.
• Communicate status, issues, risks, and actions among the program team
• Assist with major decision about resources, goals, and standards
• Build and maintain relationships with key executive management and third party vendors
• OBTAIN AND MANAGE PROGRAM RESOURCES
• Manage project managers directly, as applicable
• Coordinate project staffing and assist with decisions about key program staff
• Ensure coordination of systems acquisition and distribution
• Ensure adequate staff training and mentoring
• Assist with selection of Subject Matter Experts and third party vendors
• ENSURE PROACTIVE ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF RISKS
• Establish on-going assessment process of potential risks
• Determine mitigation strategies and alternatives
• Ensure tracking to closure of all problems, issues, or risks escalated to the PMO
• At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience / technical expertise in commercial systems/software including managing multiple projects and teams on large-scale programs
• Excellent program management skills and detailed understanding of product and systems integration issues
• Some applied knowledge of large scale client-server, web technologies, and/or systems integration
• Demonstrated experience in successfully managing and delivering on multi-project enterprise efforts for large-scale corporations
• Proven ability to produce high levels of customer satisfaction in an internal client based, product support environment
• Basic functional industry knowledge including industry drivers, key players, trends, business processes, and third party service providers
• Ability to prepare resource and time estimates with a good degree of reliability
Requires a Bachelors degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university. Masters preferred.
• PMP certification preferred.
• Strong presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Strong customer service skills; frequent strategic interactions with high-level clients
• Time and task management skills
• Demonstrated leadership and team building experience