Product Test Engineer
Spring, TX | Direct Hire
Product Test Engineer
- Create and execute Test plans including Feature and System tests (Manual and Automated) for New and Sustaining product families to ensure solid Product Quality across all product releases.
- File defects with all relevant details, logs and screenshots when failures or unexpected behavior is seen and help troubleshoot as needed and verify the fixes when available to ensure a closed loop defect life cycle process.
- Help with investigation of customer/support issues by working with the Support team to understand the problem and reproduce such issues in the lab and work with Development team to help investigate and resolve the issues.
- Perform comprehensive testing to help identify features and enhancements within the product that will enable the highest possible level of system reliability and performance.
- Setting up, configuring and fine-tuning systems and applications to identify and troubleshoot problems, and help find solutions to resolve them.
- Collaborate with and help Solutions team to successfully deliver on New Product Releases
- Contribute to knowledge-based articles and technical documents based on testing and validation.
- BS Degree – Computer, Electrical, or Computer Science preferred, or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in the deployment and testing of Systems/Software/Hardware testing
- Experience in Datacenter (Server, Networking, Storage) domain, including setup, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, upgrades and maintenance
- Experience in Virtualization with VMware (preferred) or other Hypervisors
- Ability to work on multiple priority projects in parallel
- Some travel (~5-10%) may be needed
- Ability to commute to Spring/Northwest Houston, TX area
- Experience with Scripting and/or Automation development/tools/execution
- Some performance testing experience
- Start-up experience and VCA or higher Certification a plus
- Experience with training and supporting customer-facing Teams.
- Ability to present to large teams on Product technologies.
- Be able to lift up to 20-40 lbs for racking and installing servers and switches
- Willing to travel out of town/state (5-10%).
- Pro-active and self-motivated to take ownership of projects and drive them from conception to completion
- Ability to overcome road-blocks to deliver successfully in a timely and consistent manner.
- Ability to expand and grow skillsets and ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to collaborate with members of cross-functional teams
- Driven towards high quality and continuous process improvement in all aspects of testing
- Strong attention-to-detail, problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with changes