Product Support Specialist I
Pequot Lakes, MN | Direct Hire
The Product Specialist I provides in-depth support for technical issues which are escalated from the Service Desk. These technical issues are critical in nature, time consuming, above the level of expertise in the Service Desk, etc. The Product Support Specialist is responsible for driving these technical issues to resolution, fully documenting the resolution, and cross training the Service Desk team. Product Support works directly with other departments within the organizations, such as Development, Engineering, Software Quality Assurance (SQA), and Product Management. The Product Support Specialist is required to have in-depth knowledge of the Company software and hardware products, company business and our customers’ business functions, and superior customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Escalation point for the Service Desk.
- Custom training for the Service Desk.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tasks are fully documented and resolved or escalated to
- Development within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines.
- Lead projects that will increase productivity or customer service
- Provide end-to-end troubleshooting of the Company’s Products.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend solutions for advanced support issues.
- Proactively follow through on customer issues to ensure customers concerns are addressed accurately and promptly.
- Implement emergency fixes for critical issues Act as a liaison to the other business units within the Company.
- Work with the other business units within the Company to enhance its product line Provide 24/7 on-call support, on a rotational basis install system releases Assist in running Beta programs.
- Support and adhere to Company’s core values.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Support and adhere to Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Represent Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both internal and external customers.
- Expected Travel: Up to 25%
- Experience with Windows desktop/server platforms and/or Unix, Microsoft Office products, SQL
- Server and/or Oracle database management and queries, Networking, and Scripting
- High degree of analytical skills; able to complete methodical root cause analysis
- Self-motivated, proactive, able to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to lead projects
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent communication, documentation, and customer service skills
Preferred Skill Set:
- Company product knowledge
- Advanced knowledge with Windows desktop/server platforms and/or UNIX, Microsoft Office products, SQL Server and/or Oracle database management and queries, Networking, and Scripting
- 3-5 years of experience working on or directly with a Technical Service Desk
- Perl, .NET Framework knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, computer science, or related field, plus a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in customer service, technical support in related field, or utility industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be acceptable.