PM - March Madness
Atlanta, Georgia | Contract
The Project Manager is responsible for the development and ongoing enhancements of digital products. The technology stack includes Drupal as well as custom-built applications and publishing systems. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the interests of the brand team are met by managing all aspects of a project life cycle including project planning, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relationships and team leadership. This is accomplished through effective communication and facilitation skills, risk analysis, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Work with project team, customers, and management to prioritize requirements and develop and maintain detailed project plans using standard tools.
- Create project charter and scope, phases, tasks, assignments, dependencies, and target dates.
- Determine resource roles needed and work with management to secure project team members.
- Establish and coordinate the plan for migration of the project into production.
- Manage customer expectations and communicate with other groups as needed to ensure successful implementation.
- Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with other cross functional teams to understand use cases, features, business and technical domain rules and overall product goals.
- Work with development teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
- Conduct Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Understand and communicate the requirements of our products as we scale and continue to develop.
- Conduct user acceptance testing with the client that spans all project teams and processes that impact the product from end to end.
- Produce technically focused user stories, and collaborate with developers and engineers to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- Build and groom product backlog(s).
- Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
- Using proficiency in both business and product knowledge investigate current tools and recommend solutions that support business needs.
- Oversee and control product scope definition working with the business clients and external vendors to prioritize all enhancements.
- Strong knowledge of Agile development practices (especially Scrum) methodologies and tools.
- Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years Scrum experience
- 3+ years technical experience (preferably consumer facing web projects)
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- A strong high-level knowledge of common web platform architectures
Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience.