Lawrenceville, GA | Direct Hire
Position Summary/Purpose: We are looking for a Web/PHP Developer who is dedicated to his or her craft, writes code that is proud of and can hit the ground running. We need someone who can write clean PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. The Web/PHP Developer will report to the VP of Interactive.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist in site wireframes and concepts. Turns design and user interface mockups into functional websites.
- Maintains the company’s web site according to company standards.
- Delivers engaging, informative, and well organized presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
- Experience writing and integrating w/ API's
- Familiarity with CodeIgniter Framework
- Attentive to detail
- Can work in a fast pace environment
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Environment and Conditions: Working conditions are indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.