Operations Support Engineer
New Castle, DE | Contract To Hire
Operations Support Engineer
Global Security Operations is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Technology Analyst for providing L2/L3 support for the Security Infrastructure. He/she will be expected to oversee the Operations related work and projects, Security assessment, COB testing, maintenance of documentation and inventories, integration of Infrastructure and tools under global operational model, Manage the production problems, root cause analysis/resolution for system issues, defects, and minor enhancements, perform on-call support as required, perform risk control self-assessment tests and exercises, supporting project transition, operations, and technology. This candidate should be a technical leader with excellent communication skills and in-depth background in UNIX & Wintel technologies. Candidate is expected to have a firm grasp of system administration, network protocols, networking issues and solutions, system monitoring, databases, and storage. The candidate may act as a member of quick-response project task-support team and will often work under demanding deadlines, operating as team member as well as independently to resolve complex problems. Applicant may be asked to initially focus on compliance-related projects which may include but not limited to the following tasks: sync-up of inventories, coordination efforts related to as well as implementation of certificate renewals and migration efforts, COB test coordination efforts, coordination of required environment scans and tests and the implementation of any remediation required for resulting vulnerabilities.Â
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong candidates will possess the following qualifications: Â
- Certifications (CISSP, ITIL, CCNA/CCNP, CEH, Redhat, Solaris, MCSE)
- Hands on experience with UNIX scripting, SQL and ability to write complex queriesÂ
- HSM (Hardware Security Module) knowledge, experience in ATTLA, Safenet (LUNA, PSE) and THALES. Working knowledge in Key and certificate encryption, life cycle and end to end communication.Â
- Knowledge of Security tools and hands-on experience with some of the following technologies is an added advantage: Â
Â Â * Security Infrastructure technologies Such as CiscoSecure, Entrust, Token Technologies, Tectia, Powerbroker, Unix Security tools, Kerberos, Directory Server, HSM, PKI Infrastructure.Â
Â Â * Linux, Red Hat, Solaris, AIX, Windows Server and other Unix based operating systems o Web Servers (Apache, IIS, Sun One Web servers)Â
Â Â * Application Servers (WebLogic, WebSphere)Â
Â Â * Databases (Oracle, SQL server, Sybase) o Understanding of Programming languages (Java, Perl, C/C++,)Â
Â Â * Thorough understanding of security, network architectures and protocols. * Familiarity of Compliance and risk management frameworks and methodologies (ISO27002, SDLC)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and ATTRIBUTES: Â
- Provide Technical Application Support Leadership for the Security Infrastructure and Applications.Â
- Production and UAT Environment Troubleshooting expertise.Â
- Capacity, performance and Stability reporting and Management.Â
- Lead initiative to develop/improve scripts and other programs for system monitoring and maintenance.Â
- Provide Technical Mentoring.Â
- Lead Operations-related projects and Security assessment for the infrastructure associated with the applications in scope.Â
- Leadership Skills to Document and do knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Be responsible to assess the risk and associated impact of all operational issues and change events and react quickly to escalate to technology management in a timely manner when required.Â
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to ensure the operational requirements are met during application integrationsÂ
- Continuously keep the Knowledge Share repository up to date.Â
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.Â
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.Â
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization.Â
- Proven ability to work with demanding global partners within aggressive timelines; solid problem solving, analytical and technical ability
- We are Host and Application Security team. We manages/support (L3 level support) especially for authentication, authorization and auditing related products along with PKI technologies.
- Candidates should have strong UNIX background with DB (Oracle/SQL) and Middleware (WebSphere/Weblogic & IIS) knowlesdge along with Windows operating systems.
- Should be capable to write scripts in any programing language (perl/shell scriptingâ¦etc.)
- Should have self-initiative capabilities to deliver the project by his own.
- Should have prior experience in authentication (LDAP, powerbroker, token management took (sms-opt), tools which manage role based access control) / auditing (tools like tectia/TIscan.etc) and PKI (certificate authority) related product knowledge.