Network Security Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Network security Engineer
Reporting to the VP, Infrastructure & Operations, the Network Security Engineer is responsible for design, execution and oversight of network security as well as providing network security expertise for security teams across four product groups partnered. It is the job of the Network Security Engineer to review corporate networks and applications, evaluate designs and implementations against security best practices and remediate gaps. The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for diagnosing security-related network operations problems. The Network Security Engineer will work closely with the IT leadership and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective IT Security technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Network Security Engineer will work collaboratively with information security professionals across other divisions.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties And Functions)
- Review network designs and evaluate compliance to applicable security standards
- Create and maintain network security related policies, procedures, standards, and documentation as needed.
- Evaluate project initiation documents from the perspective of information security standards and practices.
- Conduct network security audits and provide recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Configure, support and maintain day-to-day operations of security tools.
- Monitor security consoles and remediate alerts as appropriate.
- Respond to and remediate security incidents, intrusions, malware infections, etc.
- Take action to maintain compliance to security standards and policy, escalate non-compliance in a timely and effective manner.
- Effectively carry out design, configuration and documentation of information security systems and devices (e.g. Firewalls, VPNs, Enterprise Gateway Devices, Remote Access Solutions, SIEMs, Content Engines, IPS/IDS Systems)
- Maintain current configurations, carry out proper administration and support of information security systems (e.g. Firewalls, VPNs, Enterprise Gateway Devices, Remote Access Solutions, Content Engines, IPS/IDS Systems)
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge of common network, authentication and security protocols (e.g. SNMP, TLS, SSL DNS, HTTPS, SMTP, LDAP, KERBEROS, RADIUS and FTPS)
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge of existing, changing and rising threats in business, network and security landscapes.
- Participate in change management process meetings and working sessions.
- Define and enforce controlled access to corporate security zones as required.
- Participate as an effective contributor in regional security working groups, conferences, programs of work and projects as required.
- Produce and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity work practices related to information security policies, procedures, processes and tools.
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer-related discipline; or equivalent professional experience, with 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing enterprise wide technical solutions for network and information security in large distributed enterprise environments.
- CCIE, CCNA Security, SSCP, CISSP or similar GIAC certifications desired.
- Expert knowledge of networking required.
- Experience with log management and analysis tools.
- Experience with forensics tools such as wireshark, nessus, netsleuth, Networkminer.
- Demonstrated understanding of VPNs and remote access.
- Experience with web application vulnerability scanning tools.
- In depth knowledge of OSI and TCP/IP models, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, Netflow
- Experience with Cisco CES, CWS, and AMP a plus.
- Understanding of information management and data classification.
- Security incident investigation experience.
- Virus protection and content filtering knowledge.
- Knowledge of encryption techniques and PKI infrastructure.
- Advanced Security policy knowledge and experience.
- Ability to travel up to 20% as required by the business.
- Strong understanding of IT Security Management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and decision making.
- Specific Technical knowledge.
- Strong oral & written communication, listening and presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, situational analysis and problem-solving skills and mindset.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.