Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
This position is responsible for assisting Clients with the daily maintenance of installation, testing, and technical tasks in support of the network operating system.
- Performs daily maintenance of multiple clients local and wide, wired and wireless area computer network. Install and test network servers, operating system software, routers, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment.
- Performs performing diagnostics and preventative maintenance to ensure that network systems are operational.
- Performs network management activities to include, but not limited to, maintaining Domain Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name Server (DNS) services, and Virtual Private Networks (VPN), disk space allocation, active directory, wireless access privileges, network performance monitoring systems, system logs, etc.
- Performs processing service tickets assigned to the Network Services department.
- Performs maintaining records of work completed and in progress; and assists in updating network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
- Travels to and from clients work sites and/or data center when needed.
- 3-5 years strategic IT Engineering experience. The individual must possess the willingness to continually gain knowledge of new and developing strategic human capital issues and apply their impact to his/her workplace.
- Experience with Microsoft Infrastructure to include: Windows Server & OS, Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server, O365, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with Networking components, including: Routing & Switching (Brocade, Dell, and Cisco), Firewalls (Juniper & WatchGuard), VPN, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Virtualization techniques and prevailing platforms, including: Hyper-V and/or VMware ESXi
- Experience managing and supporting multiple network & client environments
- Network rightsizing techniques