Alpharetta, Georgia | Direct Hire
Implements, operates, and troubleshoots complex network systems while ensuring that all operational systems, databases, workflow processes, and networks are working properly and accessible to authorized personnel. Engineer provides Tier 1 hands-on network support as necessary. This position will assist in the design, documentation, development, and maintenance of the enterprise network infrastructure for multiple locations. The Network Engineer will also be a key contributor to the network security systems and procedures adopted by the company.
• Work closely with the system, database, security, and telephony personnel to make sure that all networked production, development, and quality assurance systems are available and working properly.
• Monitors all key operational system metrics and provides weekly reporting of those metrics to management.
• Consistently working to enhance system performance, systems availability, and documentation.
• Responsible to the group for ensuring business continuity plan is up to date and consistent with current practices, system configurations and operational procedures.
• Assists in coordination of support from vendors when systems experience problems.
• Provides 24x7 hardware and software support for Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Palo Alto, InfoBlox, F5, Riverbed, Avaya and other network related infrastructure components.
• 6 years experience in a Data Center Operations environment supporting Cisco Networking systems.
• Industry-recognized certification in networking, such as CCNA, CCDA, etc.
• Must be highly technical and knowledgeable about 24x7 operations of a Data Center.
• Self starter with working knowledge of best operational practices, ability to understand the complex working of the internal workflow systems and the interrelationship of systems within the workflow.
• Knowledge of Internet protocols and services (TCP/IP, WWW, FTP, TELNET, NFS, SSH, RSH, etc).
• Knowledge of firewall, routing, and switching hardware, with an emphasis on Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto hardware and software.
• Solid understanding of networking devices, software, and industry best practices.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field