Network Analyst II
Brookfield, WI | Contract To Hire
Network Analyst II
The Network Analyst will provide technical support and troubleshooting as a member of the Network Support team. This position will provide immediate response and/or investigation of network system alerts or abnormalities as a troubleshooter in a complex network environment.
• Provide network support for troubleshooting and resolving network related incidents.
• Manage incidents through to resolution to include: coordinate and test with vendors and customers, internal communication and escalation, and follow-up/documentation of the troubleshooting performed.
• Maintain network systems tools, applications.
• Provide Sniffer capture and decode. Perform detailed packet analysis via data packet capture to rule out network issues and provide diagnostics for application performance issues and server problems.
• Ability to communicate with Business unit management and/or their clients disseminating information relevant to the client request in a clear and concise manner.
• Resolve incidents deal with difficult situations, bringing professionalism and tact during stressful
• Participates in Problems reviews, bridge calls and Sigma meetings.
• Performs network changes.
• Assist and maintain internal processes and procedures.
• Create & review monthly Reporting including capacity reporting, incident
• Excellent communication skills, well spoken, ability to deal with clients and managers at various levels, work with engineers & vendors.
• Must be outgoing, self-starter and be able to resolve complex issues with limited supervision or direction.
• Proficiency in Cisco routers and switches
• Excellent oral, written, analytical skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical
• Must be able to work as a team member in a technical project environment. Must be self-motivated and able to think “ outside the box.”
• Experience defining and creating process and procedure documentation preferred.
• Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN technology and protocols including but not limited to BGP, EIGRP, HTTP, FTP, TCP, and Spanning Tree.
• Knowledge of BGP& EIGRP
• Knowledge of load balancing concepts
• Need flexibility to work all shifts in a 24 by 7 monitoring environment including weekends
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field, related work experience can be substituted for the educational requirements
Job Related Experience:
• 3+ years of hands on network support experience
• Experience with troubleshooting WAN and LAN connectivity issues.
• CCNA desired
• Working knowledge of Brocade and Cisco Load Balancing products