Manager of Technical Resiliency
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
The Technical Resilience Manager will lead the enterprise technical resiliency program, helping the company adequately prepare to contend with critical business disruptions and crises in an increasingly complex world. The ideal candidate will be an expert in their field, with a proven ability to build and implement best practice resiliency programs within large and complex enterprises. The role will govern aspects of the technology readiness and capability to respond to risks that impact or threaten to impact the availability and operation of global IT infrastructure.
- Envision, develop, implement, and continuously optimize a global enterprise resiliency strategy and program
- Lead and govern technology resiliency program, in close collaboration and partnership with the Information Technology Department
- Recruit, inspire, manage, and lead a team of dedicated resiliency professionals
- Direct a distributed matrixed workforce of resiliency champions assigned from within each business unit
- Establish, deploy, and expand training programs so as to educate and influence IT team members worldwide to integrate resiliency principles into routine business practices
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with IT leadership, platform owners/managers, application/support teams, and other stakeholders
- Complete Single Point of Failure analysis
- Ability to clearly define the business case and requirements for proposed projects or improvement efforts and validate their opportunity, scope, and importance
- Ability to work from a strategic focus and align tactical work to upper level strategy
- Develop Technical Level Requirements to automate the Planning and Testing Adjudication Process
- Responsible for defining technical resiliency recommendations for complex infrastructure which will be used to drive modifications to existing systems.
- Review configuration data, capacity data, systems performance data, architectural drawings, and physical as build documentation.
- Review every aspect of resiliency and disaster recovery capability, test results, and event post mortem.
- Update Resiliency Policies, Standards, Process, and Procedures
- Lead the strategic and operational aspects of technical resiliency; including exercise and testing program. Including recovery strategies by use of the cloud, high availability and 3rd parties to meet business needs.
- Understand technical architecture including network, database, Saas, cloud, physical, and virtual environments
- Review configuration data, capacity data, systems performance data, architectural drawings, and physical as build documentation
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Ability to drive moderately complex, cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing equities
- Ability to engage executive level stakeholders on complex matters in a substantive manner with little to no oversight and limited guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in security and risk management preferred but not required