Manager Software Engineering
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Manager, Software Engineering
FULLTIME ROLE IN ATLANTA, GA (PERIMETER)
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to assist our scrum teams in the successful creation and delivery of software products to the marketplace. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
The Digital Retailing Engineering Manager is an Engineering leader who effectively guides and builds teams to be successful. The Manager works closely with Engineering Leadership and key stakeholders across the company to execute the strategic priorities of the company, and is responsible for ensuring the morale, productivity, and overall health of the scrum teams continues to improve over time. The Manager will be responsible for project oversight, process improvement identification and implementation, risk mitigation, budget management, and hiring.
- Works directly with individual contributors to mentor them in advancing their role-specific skills and careers.
- Optimizes overall team performance, by coaching individual team members
- Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency
- Plan and execute projects based on the product development pipeline
- Contribute creatively to the product development pipeline
- Establish a fun, creative and enjoyable environment balanced with strong collaboration and productivity
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation.
- Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate
- Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching
- Collaboration across multiple business units and functional departments to develop and deploy solutions that address key business initiatives
- Adherence to departmental process and procedure
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality service
- Bachelor's degree is recommended and a Masters degree in related field is desired
- 6 + years leadership experience in a software development organization, with majority in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to lead and advance software teams
- Experience with business drivers and how those relate to software delivery
- Heavy experience with an Agile or SCRUM based methodology
- Experience in managing through agile transformations a plus
- Effective communicator both verbal and written
- Background in program management in a high growth company
- Exceptional and proven leadership skills
- Experience managing project portfolios
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches