Manager, IT Systems
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Manager, IT Systems
Responsible for the management of key IT systems including implementation, support and on-going development. Acts as liaison between operational business and both internal and external technical and key project resource for production systems. Responsible for converting business requests into Operation Planning project requests. Works with end users to oversee the development of functional requirements; and manages upgrades and maintenance of existing IT application system solutions. Supports digitalization and innovation initiatives. Coordinates application services with all North American affiliates. Supports information security initiatives and related audit activities across affiliates. Supports and manages key initiatives as assigned both inside and outside of the Information Technology department.
- Manages and supervises assigned operations to achieve goals within available resources.
- Plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments; trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff; reviews progress and directs changes as necessary; and ensures staff is appropriately aware of department plans, policies and procedures.
- Provides reporting to management on compliance to established metrics and service level agreements.
- Supports new innovative technology initiatives with focus on digitalization of the enterprise, products and services.
- Gathers and interprets data for studies, reports and recommendations; prepares and makes presentations to senior management and others in organization.
- Ensures projects conform to standards including: vendor selection, vendor management, technology & development standards, critical success factors, status & management reporting, financial accounting and controls.
- Assists in the development of short and long range plans; and studies standardized procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of IT group operations.
- Manages all relationships and contracts with external partner support organizations to ensure support service levels, quality and cost are satisfactory.
- Works closely with other IT teams, procurement, finance and business units in the approval and deployment of projects.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements and policies in regards to information security.
- Education: 4-year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration with a concentration on IT. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible IT experience
- 3+ years functional experience (ERP/SAP Systems)
- 3+ years management experience
- IT/Systems consulting experience - preferred
- Experience engaging with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to streamline processes and drive standardization across IT
- Experience supporting financial services platforms - preferred
- Overall understanding of applied information technology & methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems (ideally SAP environment)
- Ability to manage via the implementation of clear standards, processes, and measurements
- Natural leadership ability; team player with consensual approach
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Project Methodology – able to ensure project comply to established processes and documentation standards
- Vendor Management
- Systematic thinker; ability to work at conceptual and detail levels
- Information Systems Audits
- Information Security