Las Vegas, NV | Direct Hire
Responsible for developing practical and creative solutions in a way that solves business problems through facilitation of workshops with multiple levels of client management and subject matter experts so that they deliver a clear specification of the customer’ s business requirements and a business justified solution outline. Capture and understand the client’ s business requirements and specify system, application or process designs in a way that include client personnel and executives so that an implement-able and cost-effective solution design is produced. Capable of providing leadership, guidance, and recommendations that help clients solve for both short term and longer-term business needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Able to apply professional mastery and industry-wide understanding of business domain area, technology, tools and methodologies to develop solutions in leading edge or critical situations
- Understands the product technologies to be used and apply them appropriately
- Analyzes software requirements, defines solution parameters and specifications
- Leads the function design process
- Facilitates design workshops
- Negotiates and manages functional scope to reduce business and technical risks for both the client.
- Requires Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Prior experience working with other methodologies such as Agile are a plus
- Able to sell additional services to client(s)
- Anticipates future customer, industry and information technology trends
- Expert in business process area
- Ability to review and understand multiple designs and ensure formation of a creative and cohesive solution
- Manages the fact-finding, analysis and development of projects
- Assesses business and technical impacts of solution
- Superior ability to understand, articulate and address business issues, business drivers and needs
- Able to plan and facilitate JAD sessions. Able to influence direction key stakeholder group in/outside JAD sessions
- Able to conceptualize a solution of significant scope, across multiple business processes
- Able to manage the client’ s expectations so that the resultant system meets their budget and time constraints
Solution and Business Domain Experiences
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Prior implementation, support, or end user experience with Oracle Utilities MDM V2 is preferred, similar experience with another MDM product will be considered (ex. Landis and Gyr, eMeter, or Itron)
- Deep business understanding of the value, benefits, and functional capabilities of a Meter Data Management solution as part of the overall Meter to Cash business processes
- Prior experience working with meter to cash business processes
- Prior business change management/transformation experience in supporting a Utility transition from legacy metering solution to AMI/Smart meter
- Familiarity and in-depth knowledge of AMI capabilities and how to translate them into business case benefits
- Prior experience working with multiple meter platforms and head-ends is preferred (Elster, Silver Spring Networks, Landis and Gyr, Itron, MV90, etc)
- Prior experience working with and designing common MDM interfaces (extracts to data warehouses, asset management, CIS, field work management, etc)
- Experience working with Oracle Utilities Application Framework (OUAF) and a general understanding of the design and development principles (Preferred, but not required)
May mentor junior project team members including both client and other Client employees
May be responsible for leading an MDM work stream as part of a larger multi-product solution implementation
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Education and/or Experience
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or 2 – 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Oracle Utilities MDM Implementation Certification is preferred, but not required