Linux Systems Engineer
Sandy Springs, GA | Direct Hire
Linux Systems Engineer
Join a leading global provider of merchant payment processing services. This client’ s goal is to orient work around the needs and concerns of their customers. Work with a team inspired to deliver successful outcomes.
This role is in direct support of the server build/commissioning process for Linux servers. The Linux Systems Engineer will harden servers, run compliance validation checks, and respond to hardening issues as needed. Install patches and other security updates, update security configurations, install and configuration information security agents, and respond to other vulnerabilities. Set up reporting and provisions new assets within our configuration management and patching tools.
- Participate in the server commissioning process, and performs the server hardening function.
- This role will harden the servers; apply security updates (patches), configure servers in accordance with baseline security standards
- Write and maintain puppet scripts for server baseline configurations.
- Work with requestor of the server during the remediation of Baseline Configuration non-compliance, or directs the requestor how to get a Security Risk Extension.
- Work to continually improve and automate the server commission hardening process, and participate in the patching process.
- Work with GIS, the project manager, and the server’ s requestor to remediate or otherwise mitigate risk associated with known vulnerabilities.
- Understand and apply all policies and procedures associated with RHEL Server Administration.
- Communicate daily with the project manager any issues, constraints, risks or road-blocks.
- Provide daily updates of tasks completed and task to-be worked the next day.
- Provide weekly metrics and status to the GIO Governance Manager.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- RHEL Systems Administration
- Patch Management
- RedHat Satellite Server
- Configuration Management
- Vulnerability Management
Degrees, Certifications, or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent major; or equivalent industry experience.