Linux Systems Administrator
Sandy Springs, GA | Direct Hire
Linux Systems Administrator
Atlanta, GA (Perimeter)
This is a role administering the IBM Information Server Environment with a focus on technical management of the IBM Metadata environment. Our client is open to providing full training on this.
The Information Server Administrator will work in conjunction with the ETL Architect and ETL developers to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security and integration requirements from the ETL perspective, and translate these requirements into infrastructure resource planning and implementation.
- Responsible to install, upgrade, configure, migrate and support Information Server environments and its components: DataStage, QualityStage, Information Analyzer, Metadata Workbench, and Business Glossary.
- Metadata repository tool administration, including routine trouble-shooting, user permission roles and security maintenance, performance monitoring and usage monitoring.
- Management of the Metadata import/export process using istool and XML based product capabilities.
- Day to Day management of metadata assets including construction/maintenance of data lineage.
- Management of the Information server environment by performance of these tasks: security compliance, user access, connectivity, product licensing, logs management, server monitoring, reporting, backup and recovery.
- Provide predictive analysis of capacity, recovery, and business continuity issues.
- Participate in periodic Disaster Recovery tests, including coordination and documentation creation and maintenance.
- Willing to be on call 24x7 supporting the Information Server environment.
- 6 + years of experience in Installing, configuring DataStage.
- 2 + years of experience with IBM Information server – version 8 and above
- Minimum of 2 years of practical working experience with IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench and IBM Infosphere Business Glossary (versions 8.7 and above).
- Good understanding of the Glossary taxonomy concepts such as Categories, Terms, defining relationships between assets, External Assets/mappings and well versed with maintaining Business Glossary and Taxonomy.
- Proficiency with tool customization, creation of Custom attributes
- Understanding of Data Assets and Data Flows in order to represent Data Lineage, Data Relationships, and linkages
- Ability to develop, implement and audit governance policies and integrate them with Data Quality tools
- Working experience with Information Server Platform Governance (version 8.7 and above) tools such as FastTrack Mapping, Information
- Experience working with XML based canonical models
- Expertise in integrating Business Glossary with XML based models
- Define, develop and enable workflows to ensure appropriate Data Governance
- Experience with Information Server High Availability implementations and architectures such as clustering and Information Server Grid
- Experience Configuring the IBM Information server suite including Information Analyzer, FastTrack, Business Glossary and Metadata Workbench.
- Expert level UNIX shell scripting and intermediate UNIX administration experience.
- Prior experience in Upgrading or Migrating Datastage jobs from older version to newer version.
- Experienced with Data Stage Version Control.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Oracle database experience ( (10G forward)
- Willing to be on call supporting the ETL environment.
- Information Analyzer and Metadata Asset Manager Experience are preferred.
- Financial sector or bankcard industry experience or familiarity with industry terminology.
- Enterprise project development experience.
- Technical certifications in relevant areas are a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Autosys job development
- Strong planning, organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent written and oral analytical skills – anticipate problems, identify issues and develop solutions.
- Self-starter who is comfortable talking to individuals or groups and being able to lead discussions regarding business rules and requirements
- Team-oriented player.