Lead Software Engineer
Marietta, GA | Direct Hire
Lead Software Engineer
As a Lead Software Engineer you will work in an international and commercial environment, cooperating with experts and product developers from the Transaction Security Service Line in the overseas and other colleagues located in offices across the globe. You will also provide services to our clients customers worldwide through product deployment, support and advice.
- Create technical design, implement and perform testing of various desktop- and web-based applications
- Execute appropriate or high priority tasks within the project yourself, based on a ‘hands-on’ mentality and approach.
- Provide accurate and detailed estimates for tasks, delivering on commitments
- Responsible for the quality of project deliverables. This includes (among other things) ensuring clear and responsible choices concerning architecture, planning and framework of the deliverables.
- Draw up specifications, lead writing of (user) manuals, testing and quality assurance, support and application management.
- Have close contact with the customer in order to achieve good internal and external management. Have good contact with project engineers to ensure good mutual understanding of the project-related technical matters.
- Coaching, mentoring, and leading the project team(s).
- Completed Bachelor or Masters level education in a technical area such as: Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- Knowledge of Java programming language and web technologies such as HTML, XML, CSS, Java-script, JSP, Servlets, SVN or other versioning system, and integrated build processes.
- Affinity and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: TCP/IP networking, SSL, SQL, Database design, smartcards, secure systems, payment, mobile, data processing, cryptography
- Analytical, technical, attentive to detail, customer focused, communicative, result driven, team player, eager to learn, ambitious, and entrepreneurial skills
- Interested to work with the latest technology and with a drive to deliver state-of-the-art products
- Ability to work well in an international environment
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills and able to self-organize
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English
- You are prepared to travel throughout North America and occasionally to Europe
- Travel between 20-40% nationally (other offices in San Fran & Phoenix)