Lead Software Engineer (Scout HOT Job)
duluth, Georgia | Scout
Title: Lead Software Engineer YOU ARE… Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’ s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software engineering changes how people live. At NCR, we believe that, too. We’ re one of the world’ s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know the online and mobile worlds better than any other— and see patterns that no one else sees. Our software engineers write code that can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute. We are looking for talented Lead Software Engineers to join our expanding NCR Cloud Platform team. Our Platform as a Service is responsible for providing the foundation for NCR cloud-based products. Our primary customers are engineers inside and outside of NCR using publicly available NCR APIs to build applications that make everyday life easier for consumers. We experience the impact our work is having, and we take pride in providing services with great availability and ease of use. Curious? Read on. We’ re looking for software engineering talent like you. WE ARE… NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO…. Play a key role as a Lead Software Engineer on newly formed scrum teams focused on developing NCR’ s public facing application marketplace and developer experience web apps that serve customers in Financial Services, Retail, Hospitality, and Travel. You will be enabling customers and internal developers to build applications that make everyday life easier for millions of consumers around the world. Your key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Building the NCR public developer portal from concept to completion utilizing Angular 2 and .Net Core (roughly 70% frontend and 30% backend)
- Building an app store for applications that utilize NCR APIs
- Crafting clean, easy to maintain, well-tested code using rigorous continuous delivery methodologies, including automated functional and non-functional testing
- Contributing to software design and documentation
- Providing mentorship to new software engineers
- Being an active member on an agile team working on a highly visible project
- 8+ years of .Net software development experience
- Like working on agile teams
- Demonstrated ability to mentor developers
- Familiar with Typescript, webpack, Sass, Bootstrap, and similar technologies
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs using .Net Core or Java
- Experience using relational databases and ORMs
- Understanding of full SDLC and methodologies such as TDD, BDD, and experience with tools and frameworks for automating the delivery pipeline
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems (e.g. git)
- Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems
- Participation in public open source projects
- Thorough understanding of web page security concepts
- Firsthand experience making web applications run fast and the ability to track down bottlenecks
- SEO optimization experience
- Experience with Docker and Linux
- Strong background working on multitenant systems
- Passion for continuous learning and keeping up with industry trends
EEO StatementIntegrated into our shared values is NCR' s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Reports to a Software Development Manager
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
What are the nice-to-have skills?
• Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems • Participation in public open source projects • Thorough understanding of web page security concepts • Firsthand experience making web applications run fast and the ability to track down bottlenecks • SEO optimization experience • Experience with Docker and Linux • Strong background working on multitenant systems • Passion for continuous learning and keeping up with industry trends
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Will work on a team that is developing the User Interfaces for both the internal developers and also for external customers for a state-of-the-art Cloud Platform for NCR' s products and services. They will help develop this Cloud Platform that is ground breaking and does not exist anywhere else in the world. Will work with the latest C#/.Net stack and the latest front-end development tools like Angular 2 and HTML5.
Please Note: All Third Party Agencies that are on Scout are on NCRs preferred supplier list.