Lead Cloud Software Engineer (Scout HOT Job)
Duluth, Georga | Scout
Lead Cloud Software Engineer
Join a global leader in the payment industry focused on employee growth and creativity. This company’ s mission is to keep people feeling challenged at work, day in and day out. Our client is looking for new talent to help them meet their challenging goals. With 180 locations worldwide, there is an opportunity for you.
We work with some of the smartest, nicest people you' ll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they have seen.
- Crafting clean, well-tested code using rigorous continuous delivery methodologies, including automated functional and non-functional testing.
- Contributing to software design and documentation
- Participation in an enterprise open source community by producing quality project and API documentation, samples, and answering forum questions.
- Building large-scale applications using Java or similar languages, with a focus on high-performance, scalability and resiliency in a service-oriented environment
- Providing mentorship to new software engineers
- Providing agile estimation of development effort and input into project timelines
- 8+ years of software development experience, using agile methodologies
- Excellent development skills with Java or another JVM language
- Experience using relational and non-relational databases
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern frameworks for building high-throughout, resilient micro services
- Understanding of full SDLC and methodologies such as TDD, BDD, and experience with tools and frameworks for automating the delivery pipeline.
- Familiarity with distributed design patterns, message-driven architectures, high-volume data stores, and horizontal scaling techniques
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks)
- Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems
- Skill with additional programming languages such as C#, C++, Scala, Go, Clojure, etc.
- Current experience with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, Apache Camel, vert.x, node.js
- Participation in public open source projects
- Prior experience using, or knowledge of, Hadoop and associated technologies such as HBase, Phoenix, as well as with Apache Storm, Kafka, and Solr.
- Strong foundation in developing cloud-based solutions using platforms such as Heroku, Azure, or Amazon AWS
- Knowledge of 12-factor application principles