Junior Technical Writer
Atlanta, GA | Contract
The Junior Technical writer reformats and updates existing end-user job aids and procedural documents in support of a mission-critical Oracle Finance systems integration project and will assist with the development of new documentation.
The Junior Technical Writer will convert legacy training and performance materials from an old Word template to the new project template. In addition, the Junior Technical Writer will incorporate updates as directed, track these documents through the approval process, and then post them to the corporate intranet.
The Junior Technical Writer may also assist with other training team documentation and administration tasks as assigned. This is a great opportunity for a junior level technical writer to gain exposure to a large Oracle Financials implementation.
- Rebuild Word documents (step-by-step procedures, job aids, reference guides for end users) in the new project template.
- Incorporate updates to converted documents as directed.
- Track the conversion and update process through review and approval via MS Excel.
- Post documents to corporate Intranet site.
- Assist with additional training team tasks as assigned.
- EXPERT MS Word/MS Office 2010 skills required. Working knowledge of screen capture utility (SnagIt or similar). Ability to apply style guide consistently. Nice to have: Photoshop, prior experience with content management systems (CMS) preferred, SharePoint, Jive, etc.
- Previous experience developing or maintaining user documentation, preferably for Finance, Accounting or a related area.
- Desire to gain exposure and experience in a large high-profile corporate Oracle Financials implementation.
- Self-directed with meticulous attention to detail, comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Candidate should be able to complete assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Should be able to communicate courteously and professionally with members of the project team at all levels, especially when using email.
- 6-12 months experience in a corporate environment.
- Education: 4-year degree in a related field.