Jr Tech PM
Atlanta, GA | Contract
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position is a hybrid of Project Manager and Technical Business Analyst roles. This candidate should be experienced in wearing both hats. This person will be responsible for leading cross functional teams to support the successful delivery of complex organizational Information Technology and other business driven projects. This position also provides analysis, definition and documentation for the design and testing of application development and ensures that correct business functionality, requirements and industry quality assurance standards are addressed within the applications selected or built. The position assists with identifying operational objectives, translating business requirements into system specifications and recommending solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals by leveraging technology.
- Effectively and efficiently follow project process; assisting with Vision/ROI Statements, Gathering Business Requirements, Request for Proposal, Development of Solution, Roll Out Solution, Go Live, & Continuous Improvement
- Create and manage project scopes, schedules, budgets, assigned resources, and risks for all assigned projects.
- Assist in fostering Agile methodology within the organization.
- Conduct daily standups with the assigned Project Team.
- Support business needs and goals with all assigned projects, including but not limited to business process definition, user requirements gathering, and managing all stakeholder expectations.
- Prepare, manage, and maintain design and requirements documentation for entire project lifecycle.
- Nurture and sustain constant, clear, and transparent communication with project team and stakeholders.
- Conduct periodic sprint review meetings with project staff and stakeholders.
- Provide regular documentation and reports to project sponsors and senior management.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions that the IT organization can implement.
- Support the evolution of the systems development methodology for the organization.
- Provides direction and manage team members comprised of employees and consultants that are assigned to the project in a matrix relationship.
- Plans and coordinates projects with users, development teams, and IT support areas.
- Manage projects where the development is being completed by one or more vendors.
- Responsible for managing the project control processes for Issues/Risks, Schedule, Operational Readiness, Scope and User Acceptance Testing.
- Coordinates system changes across multiple platforms, develops and executes comprehensive project plans, and negotiates project scope, deliverables, and schedule.
- Minimum overnight travel as necessary to fulfill job and assigned responsibilities may be necessary.
- Agile experience is a must have.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years relevant experience in business systems analysis experience for software applications, websites, and ecommerce projects.
- Testing and troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent writing skills. Able to create a wide variety of documents for technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to collaborate with business users in all departments to identify requirements and communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to think strategically, considering organizational goals and requirements with all projects.
- Ability to foster, support, and sustain positive and constructive approaches with all projects.
- Ability and experience to be flexible, effectively manage change, and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision to completion.
- Experience running User Acceptance Testing sessions is desired.
- Knowledge of IT best practices, including systems and application implementation and development is desired.
- Experience as a project team leader, driving projects to successful implementation is desired.