Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
Junior IT Quality Assurance Analyst
The Jr. IT Quality Assurance Analyst will work directly with the application development team in a collaborative environment applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Develop and execute test cases, document results and assist with coordinating user acceptance test activities
- Review and analyze test results; identifies issues and concerns and recommends course of action. Coordinates resolution of issues through to closure including verifying defect fixes are appropriate and adequate, documenting updates and ensuring relevant materials
- Review and provide input to project documentation as required; monitor, assess and mitigate testing risks, monitor and track testing progress
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled
- Participate in projects meetings such as Daily Stand-Up sessions, defect triage and test by providing information required to triage and resolve issues and updates on project status
- Proactively engages team members to build and foster relationships
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, or related work experience.
- 0-3 years related work experience
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test results and be confident making decision and recommendations.
- Excellent written communication skills: ability to provide clear and concise comments and status back to QA Lead and/or Project Manager.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Excellent understating of end-to-end workflow of any test management tool
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage simultaneous projects and shift priorities based on business needs. Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach; works well in a team.