Atlanta, GA | Contract
Location: Atlanta, GA
We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and innovation, and can develop ideas into products that are relevant to solve business problems.
A Java Developer will be expected to work within product development teams in a scrum environment. This person will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, integrating, and deploying features for new products that will help to address key business issues for our clients.
• Bachelor’ s Degree is required
• 6+ years of software development experience
• Extensive experience in web application development and strong understanding of associated patterns (MVC) and frameworks (e.g. Struts or Spring-MVC)
• Working knowledge in Java application development using frameworks, technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Drools, Activiti/jBPM
• Experience developing SaaS products that involve Java-based backends based on e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, or JBoss with HTML5 or mobile app frontends
• Strong experience with SQL databases (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres etc.) and ability to optimize for web-scale
• Experience with java message broker technologies (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ) and/or integration technologies like Mule or Spring Integration.
• Good understanding of web application security and designing controls to guard against SQL injection, cross-site scripting etc.
• Experience developing applications with common web-based federated security frameworks such as SAML, OAuth, X.509, etc.
• Experience with automated testing tools, test driven development, and strong understanding of industry established code quality standards, etc.
• Experience with Maven for build, Jenkins for CI, JUnit for TDD, Sonar for code quality
• Strong team player used to working in an agile (scrum) environment
• Knows Jira or comparable backlog management tool (e.g. Version One)
• Working knowledge of Git
Nice to have:
• Experience in JVM based languages such as Groovy, Scala etc. is a plus
• Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Ruby
• Experience with automated configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, etc
• Ability to profile code for performance, tune application engines, and configure for web-scale