Inventory Management and QA Engineer
Spring, TX | Direct Hire
Inventory Management and QA Engineer - Spring, TX
- Maintain and update comprehensive lab environment for Engineering
- Maintain Inventory database and provisioning systems to all Engineering teams
- Investigate and Troubleshoot system or network failures in the lab and work with relevant teams on their resolution
- Help with Product testing (Manual and Automated) for New and Sustaining product families to ensure solid Product Quality across all product releases.
- File defects with all relevant details, logs and screenshots when failures or unexpected behavior is observed.
- Contribute to knowledge-based articles and technical documents based on testing and validation.
- Networking certification (CCENT/ Network+ etc) or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in the Inventory management or deployment/testing of Systems/Software/Hardware testing
- Experience in Datacenter (Server, Networking, Storage) domain, including setup, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, upgrades and maintenance
- Experience in Virtualization with VMware (preferred) or other Hypervisors
- Some travel (~5-10%) may be needed
- Ability to lift ~20-40 lbs of hardware/lab equipment during setup/configuration
- Ability to commute to Spring/Northwest Houston, TX area
- BS Degree – Computer, Electrical, or Computer Science preferred.
- Experience with Scripting and/or Automation development/tools/execution
- Some performance testing experience
- Start-up experience and VCA or higher Certification a plus
- Experience with training and supporting customer-facing Teams.
- Ability to present to large teams on Product technologies.
- Ability to work on multiple priority projects in parallel
- Pro-active and self-motivated to take ownership of projects and drive them from conception to completion
- Ability to overcome road-blocks to deliver successfully in a timely and consistent manner.
- Ability to expand and grow skillsets and ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to collaborate with members of cross-functional teams
- Driven towards high quality and continuous process improvement in all aspects of testing
- Strong attention-to-detail, problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with changes