Atlanta, GA | Contract
• Validate design scope and requirements for new projects.
• Prepare clear learning objectives that reflect the required performance and meet the business objectives.
• Follow industry standard (ADDIE) or (SAM) instructional design practices in the creation of all content and materials.
• Follow established documentation and content standards for client to ensure a consistent end-user experience, i.e., the look and feel of materials, templates, processes, technology tools, and translation, etc.
• Produce innovative training solutions with a view towards continuous improvement.
• Develop conceptual design documents, detailed design documents, storyboards, project plans, timelines, and issue/resolution logs.
• Consult with SMEs and other key partners to create instructor led, self-study, and/or online instructional content that effectively engages the learner. Own the design and production of all training and eLearning content such as:
o Instructor led and self-paced courses, technical documentation, help systems or training manuals, workbooks, presentations, practice exercises, case studies, simulations, job aids, testing, CBTs, demos, videos, graphics, and other multimedia.
• Design, collect, and edit graphics; build all graphic layout and navigation in an instructionally sound and highly interactive format.
• Engage power users, SMEs, and facilitators for end user testing; incorporate feedback.
• Participate in the transition of learning content from the design/development phase to the Delivery Leads and/or Facilitators.
• Partner with the Learning team on the ongoing process of updating and sustaining existing course content.
• Undergraduate degree in instructional design, or related field required.
• A minimum of two years of experience designing and developing instructor led and eLearning materials. Competencies:
• Knowledge and adherence to industry standard instructional design practices, e.g., ADDIE.
• Effective Communication: Uses appropriate written and verbal language and grammar; conveys clear written messages in learning content that is organized and easy to follow.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Customer Focus: Demonstrated ability to meet multiple demands and customer needs using a variety of methods and best practices while incorporating customer feedback.
• Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a matrix organization taking direction and support from multiple organizations and levels of leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning, learning styles, and various instructional design techniques to learning content.
• Demonstrated ability to identify end user needs, analyze and logically organize complex information, and accurately transform complex bodies of information into professional, engaging, and effective learning content.
• Strong graphic design and eLearning development capabilities; ability to develop storyboards, edit graphics and video, and build the layout and navigation in an instructionally sound format.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Demonstrated ability to use web-based applications for collaboration and facilitation, e.g., WebEx, Skype, social media sites, etc.
• Proven experience using traditional authoring and development tools such as Articulate Storyline 2, Captivate. Photo, audio and video editing skills using Adobe Creative Suite. Design Skills Preferred: • Print design— Skills may include Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign
• Graphic design/illustration— Skills may include: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects.
• Industry standard authoring tools— Skills may include: Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline.
• Video editing and publishing— Skills may include: Photography, videography, Motion, FinalCut Studio, Logic Studio, OS X Server (Podcast Producer), Sony Vegas, PowToons, Camtasia, etc.
• Audio editing and publishing— Skills may include: Audacity, Sony Vegas, REAPER and Sony Forge.
• Virtual classroom tools— Skills may include: Adobe Connect, WebEx, GoToMeeting.
• Slide presentations— Skills may include: Keynote or PowerPoint. Advanced proficiency with the following software preferred:
• Adobe Creative Suite and Authoring Tools
• Articulate Storyline
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Sony Vegas and/or Sony Movie Maker Studio (or comparable)
• TechSmith Camtasia