Infrastructure/Sr. Systems Engineer
Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
The Infrastructure/ Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for the support and implementation of IT Infrastructure services across the enterprise including Network, VM, Storage, Security and AWS cloud services. This position is also responsible for day to day operation and maintenance of critical business systems. The Sr. Systems Engineer successfully executes and tests scheduled monthly maintenance plans to include, system jobs, backups, patch deployment, system changes, server automation, securing of various Windows and Linux platforms.
- Proficient in AWS hosting environment (Datacenter)
- Install and configure new servers with operating systems, applications, tools, and patches.
- Build and Monitor network and systems health, responding appropriately to network alerts and events.
- Install firmware, software, and operating system patches and updates.
- Audit backups, replication, network activity, disk space, and uptime.
- Assist in maintaining network data centers, wiring closets, cabling, servers, consoles, switches, routers, hubs, etc.
- Respond quickly to outages as reported via ticketing systems, email and telephone.
- Grant / revoke access to various system resources.
- Perform Active Directory user administration as it relates to Windows & Linux.
- Adhere to Change Control, Change Log, and Downtime Log procedures for all services.
- Appropriately escalate issues to proper team members.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years IT experience.
- Must have competency with Amazon Web Services
- Must have competency with Chef/DevOps.
- Must have competency with administration of Windows
- Must have competency with Windows 2008, 2012, Active Directory, Office365
- Must be physically able to lift and move computers, monitors, and related equipment with weights in the 10 to 80 pound range.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of, NFS, LDAP, Sendmail, HTTP, SSH, DNS, Samba, DHCP, iptables, Centrify Suite, Server Hardening, BASH, PERL, Korn, OpenSSH
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Nagios, MySQL
- Must have competency with Atlassian products (JIRA)
- Ability to quickly diagnose network problems and implement solutions to restore functionality.
- Must be accurate and prompt in the details of the job.
- Must have good communication skills and have the ability to work with others
- Working knowledge of Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Release 6/7, CentOS, and Ubuntu a plus
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field
- AWS Certification desired
- Accepts Responsibility – ability to take ownership for the work produced
- Effective communication – ability to communicate and interact effectively internally and externally
- Decision Making - ability to make complex and time sensitive decisions within the best interest of the company
- Knowledge Management - possess solid business acumen with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Resource & Time Management – ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Teamwork – ability and desire to work as a team to complete tasks at hand
- Customer Focused – ensures that internal and external clients are provided superior quality service
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop; talk or hear. Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision; color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of goals established between the Team Member and Supervisor