Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
Our client provides an atmosphere of excellence and is looking for talented and dedicated professionals to join their dynamic and innovative team.
We' re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer that likes to be part of product development. You' ll be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team. You' ll be part developer, part operations. This is a hands-on role requiring both development and some operations.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Improve and automate our infrastructure and processes
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging solutions
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals
- Generate new ideas
- Proactive in keeping your skills fresh
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient at scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- Experience building infrastructure automation
- Experience with Linux operations
- Experience writing infrastructure as code with tools like Chef, Terraform or Puppet.
- Experience Docker containers.
- Solid experience with continuous delivery and build tools such as TravisCI, Jenkins, or Drone.io.
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical people
- Quick learner and versatile
- Experience with large-scale, high-use apps
- Experience performance testing and tuning services and applications
- Experience with JVM-based services are a plus
- Experience with AWS, CDN' s, and Maven are all pluses
Education and Training
- BS Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience with progressive responsibilities in supporting software products.