Information Security Architect
Alpharetta, GA | Direct Hire
The Information Security Architect designs, builds and oversees the implementation of network and computer security for the organization. As a senior-level employee, you’ ll be responsible for creating complex security structures – and ensuring they work. This role is responsible for leading security program for SaaS and developing long term strategy to meet industry best practices. Responsible for ensuring industry best practices are followed in storage, use, and operation of all systems. Provide Guidance to Senior Leadership while building relationships across the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting the Company and all departments within.
• Be the Subject Matter Expert on system and application vulnerabilities and penetration testing.
• Investigate any intrusion incidents, forensic investigations, and incident response.
• Analyze security technology trends and develop infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes designed for agility and cost.
• Focus on data center security, cloud migration strategies, while maintaining the integrity of our PHI data.
• Provide Leadership and guidance in evaluating information security risks and monitor compliance with security standards.
• Collect and analyze data to drive decisions and recommendations regarding security standards and controls.
• Responsible for writing Security policies, procedures, and guidelines, manuals, monitoring security alerts, and mitigating or responding to threats.
• Subscribe to expert blogs and discussions to stay abreast of the latest application threats.
• Consult with internal and external customers regarding current topics affecting risk and security of IT Ops and Software application development.
• Direct influence on implementation of new programs, and defining information security practices.
• Determines, develops, and implements information security and standards.
• Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs, and recommends solutions.
• Establishes information security requirements based on the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
• Supports multiple departments in addressing security concerns of potential customers. EDUCATION DESIRED:
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or related field.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Deep understanding of interdependent relationship between application and infrastructure.
• Foster the critical relationship between teams and how to be pragmatic about security.
• Work with vaguely defined projects and goals.
• Ability to identify the goals and bring definition to the project.
• Strong Project Management and Communication skills.
• Able to work independently with little on-going supervision.
• Extensive technical abilities that spans both system and database configuration issues.
• Passionate about owning and supporting of threat areas.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working with Information Security.
• MS Office skills a must.
• Deep understanding of Healthcare, credit card, or banking industries relating to information Security.
• Experience with PHI or PCI Security Standards.
• Excellent communication skills— must be able to communicate effectively across departments.
• Attend security related training and seminars. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
None. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires ability to use a telephone
• Requires ability to use a computer
• Most of work will be spent in a seated, climate-controlled office
• Travel up to 25%