IT Service Desk Manager
Norcross, GA | Direct Hire
The IT Service Desk (ITSD) Manager is responsible for the management of daily operations of the IT Service Desk Team. The ITSD Manager must have the ability to manage multiple high-priority initiatives while also addressing day-to-day technical support needs of all corporate users. The ITSD Manager must possess leadership skills to create and sustain an environment of teamwork, motivation and excellence. A high level of technical expertise and a customer service focus are required, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Key Results Expected (Essential Job Functions):
- Manage ITSD Team and activities associated with daily identification, prioritization and resolution of reported IT issues.
- Design and implement a process for handling incoming IT issues; ensure ITSD Team’ s professional, courteous and timely resolution to user issues.
- Communicate with all levels of management; act as first point of contact for Directors, VPs and Executives.
- Monitor all open, pending and escalated user tickets; ensure issues are assigned appropriately; manage volume of tickets; gauge response time to ensure timely resolution to issues and adjust processes accordingly if needed.
- Analyze and track trends in user issues; identify problem areas; devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevention of future issues.
- Allocate and direct all ITSD projects and initiatives assigned by IT Leadership in a proactive and organized manner.
- Manage and oversee all hardware and software installations; maintain extensive user and technical knowledge of all software applications; responsible for the development, maintenance and integrity of ITSD software.
- Coordinate new location openings and existing location moves. Proactively work with external vendors to manage the roll-out of phone systems, multi-purpose printers, computer hardware, software and mobile accounts.
- Ensure appropriate staffing of department during regular and on-call hours. Serve as main point of contact for ITSD in the event of a company-wide problem; assist with communication to management during such an event.
- Plan and direct a system of feedback and evaluation of ITSD services to determine user satisfaction.
- Design and architect a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the corporate IT Service Desk.
- Identify, recommend, design and implement training programs to support users.
- Conduct hiring process for department, performance evaluations for ITSD staff, administer disciplinary action, coaching procedures and promotions within company guidelines.
- Coordinate and report all IT high priority user outages in a timely manner.
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 4-6 years of management experience in a shared services environment.
- Excellent communications skills; Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of employees.
- Ability to influence others through change management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple issues at one time.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, fast paced environment.
- Organization skills with attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Exemplary customer service focus, both in-person, in writing, and via telephone.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software package.
- Self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to administer or have familiarity with Quest Kace, and/or Solarwinds, and/or ServiceNow help desk service tools.
- Must be able to perform movements that regularly require repetitive use of the wrist(s), hand(s) and or finger(s) approximately 80-90% of the workday.
- Finger dexterity to perform typing, picking up small objects, etc. approximately 80-90% of workday.
- Must be able to verbally communicate instructions or other information as required approximately 80-90% of workday.
- Must have adequate visual abilities to prepare, inspect documents or operate office machinery approximately 100% of workday.
- Must be able to exert physical strength and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or frequently up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to hear average or normal tone conversations and understand/interpret noises or spoken information.
- Must be able to bend, turn/twist, kneel, squat 30-40% of each workday.
- Must be able to travel throughout the country in support of customer service delivery needs.