IT Senior WebLogic Administrator
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
IT Senior WebLogic Administrator
Responsible for development of next generation Point of Sale, Back Office. This individual will be part of a team that provides a whole-store technology solution serving the entire user community of over 5, 700 stores in the U.S. and Canada. In this role, the Senior WebLogic administrator responsible for understanding POS system functionality and underlying architecture. Initially to support the transition of ownership to APG of a vendor-build Java-based platform (retail.net). Able to configure the Jboss instances and WebLogic instances connecting to the web services as well as database backend. And then to maintain and improve that platform as needed. Will work with Team Leads, Architects, vendors and other developers to provide a best in class solution for stores.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Responsible for working with vendor and internal resources to determine a transition strategy. Then work with those teams to execute strategy.
- Review existing architecture solutions to support the “ lift and move” transition while planning post transition improvements.
- Adheres to best practices and development standards to produce quality products.
- Develops strong knowledge of store solutions.
- 10+ years’ experience of managing web services and WebLogic administration experience.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Troubleshooting, Load Balancing, Clustering, Deploying Applications, Performance Tuning and Maintenance. Create, configure and tune WebLogic domains/applications for performance. Work with vendors and developers for application related issues.
* JDBC Connection Pool and Multi pool configuration with Oracle.
* Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in domain and clustered environments
* Code deployments/promotions, performance monitoring and performance tuning
* Upgradation of WebLogic servers in development, testing and production environment and applying patch and service packs
* WebLogic Administration, Monitoring and Troubleshooting using Admin Console and JMX.
* Cluster Configuration – Single Cluster, Multiple Clusters and Deployment over clusters.
* WebLogic’ s HttpProxyServlet and HttpClusterServlet configurations
* Server Performance Tuning – Thread Dump Analysis, Core Dump Analysis when Server crashed unevenly
* JMS Configurations– JMS Server, Connection Factory, Foreign JMS server, Message Bridge, Topic/Queue, Distributed destinations
* Creating security roles, group policy, user authentication, auditing and authorization
* Work on Web Security tools- SSL Certificates and client authentication.
* Node Manager Configuration – remote managed server start and stop. SSL communication between admin server and node manager
* Writing Scripts to handle complex automation / administration using Shell scripting
* Working with WebLogic utilities – WebLogic.Admin, WebLogic.Deployer, ejbc, appc.
* Monitoring WebLogic server health and security.
* Tuning JVM heap size to maximize the number of clients accessing the applications.
*Configuring digital certificates, using java key tool for secured applications
* Automation of domain creation using WLST, ANT, and Domain Templates
** Database knowledge using Oracle, Point base servers.
* Analyzing the Log Files, Thread Dumps, JVM Dumps, Exception Stack Traces
* Monitoring thread usage, connection pool usage, CPU usage, Memory usage and preparing reports for the performance tests, dry run tests and load tests conducted on the Application Servers
* Unix/Solaris command line usage and shell scripting
*Monitoring and analyzing resources, Standard logs, application logs and domain logs
*Troubleshoot environment and application issues using BEA WLS support patterns as the standard methodology and provide root cause summary to application stakeholders
* WebLogic Administration, Monitoring and Troubleshooting using Admin Console
* Managing and Monitoring the JVM Performance by adjusting WebLogic heap size and garbage collection parameters
* Deploying different applications like WAR files, EJB jars files and enterprise application archives (EAR) on WebLogic using various deployment tools ( Console, weblogic.Deployer, and WLST)
* Jboss and HornetQ administration.
* Monitoring HornetQ messages and inspecting their content.
* Update Bea license keys on web logic servers communicated with Bea team to reconfigure licenses and perform IP address changes
* Performed sanity testing on QA, Stage and Production environments after deployment.
* Configure and maintain the scheduled tasks like Thread dumps, log files backup etc.,
* Maintain the applications among Web Logic run-time processes in a cluster of application servers
* Performance tuning of Web Logic server with respect to heap, threads and connection pools.
* Involve in configuration management, software deployment, change management, performance monitoring, and application maintenance
Current technologies that are used in the current environment:
- Java Proficiency
- Experience in integrations/webservices a plus
- Experience with Oracle solutions a plus
- Experience with the following technologies (bold identifies main technologies)
- Socket Communication
- JAVA Swing