IT Senior Project Manager, Release Management (RPM)
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
IT Senior Project Manager, Release Management (RPM)
This role is a highly-visible position responsible for planning, scheduling, and oversight of IT Projects for a large Program. The RPM Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing projects in support of driving on-time, high quality releases while working with distributed teams. This person must monitor project activities, ensuring the quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “ look and feel” across the RPM program. In addition, this person will assist in the definition and maturation of processes to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth. Also included is the assurance that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives. The ideal candidate will have Project Management experience in a DevOps environment as well as ERP and Agile environments.
- Oversee multiple projects across multiple development teams for a large Program in a DevOps culture.
- Manage cross-team IT projects both internal and external to the RPM Program.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of all project roles.
- Provide effective communication of project expectations, goals, approach, priorities, scope, and status to project resources and stakeholders
- Deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations
- Manage project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility including overseeing creation of schedules, documents, and guides for contractors and vendors.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and obstacles
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of project delivery
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project plan to track progress
- Create and maintain project schedule and documentation, and act as liaison among various departments (e.g. BA, QA, etc.)
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Understands various programming languages and ability to understand issues related to coding, testing and deployment
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
- Experience in using various software development methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- 8+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Active PMP certification
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive issues to closure
- Experience in a large enterprise environment with multiple releases per year across multiple data centers
- Proven experience in tracking and managing projects using MS Project or similar PM software
- Experience with the software development life-cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with third party development and infrastructure suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies such as applications, databases, networking, telecommunications, and connectivity
- Prior technical and application development experience is desirable
- Bachelor’ s degree in business administration (software development-related), computer science, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
- Detail oriented, organized, and a driver who insists that Project Management best practices be utilized
- Uses technical knowledge of products and services and understanding of customer needs to offer alternative approaches to customers.
- Works with customers to develop solutions that conform to architecture framework and strategy
- Examines work processes to identify those that could be eliminated, automated, or made more effective through the use of technology
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that customer problems are managed and solved in a timely manner
- Approaches situations by considering them from different points of view; resists using the same thought process or making assumptions based on past experience; develops more than one solution to problem situations
- Demonstrates patience and self-control under difficult or adverse circumstances; handles stress well
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension (practices active listening); concentrates on what the other person is saying rather than preparing what to say next; takes notes for later clarification instead of interrupting to ask questions
- Develops a career plan with short- and long-term objectives and uses this to guide self-development activities
- Uses insights gained from handling challenging situations to recommend improvements to procedures, workflow, or product design
- Displays passion and optimism; focuses on possibilities rather than limitations.
- Applies lessons learned from experience, including both successes and failures; is willing to break old habits and take a risk by using new skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands; concentrates time and effort on activities that have the greatest potential for payoff
- Treats barriers and problems as opportunities; identifies possible obstacles to goal attainment in a positive manner and works to eliminate them
- Is aware of self-defeating behaviors; lets go of behaviors that don’ t serve the group well