IT Senior Developer, DevOps
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
IT Senior Developer, DevOps
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Responsible for working with vendor and internal resources to determine a transition strategy. Then work with those teams to execute strategy.
- Review existing architecture solutions to support the ‘ lift and move’ transition while planning post transition improvements.
- Adheres to best practices and development standards to produce quality products.
- Java Proficiency
- Experience in integrations/webservices a plus
- Experience with Oracle solutions a plus
- Experience with the following technologies (bold identifies main technologies)
- Socket Communication
- JAVA Swing
- 10+ yrs experience developing enterprise level Point of Sale software
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong experience in large scale environments with 000’ s of endpoints and very large transaction intensive database systems
- Experience in retail environments a plus
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and a consummate team player.
- Work is performed in typical office environment
- Very strong in Core Java and J2EE concepts with over 12+ years of experience.
- Expertise in Oracle DB, with basic DBA knowledge.
- Strong knowledge on Oracle Forms.
- Have knowledge on JBOSS and Weblogic.
- Good experience on WebServices (Both REST and SOAP).
- Experience in Linux shell scripting.
- Knowledge of POS application.
- POS Integration knowledge.
- Knowledge on JBOSS, HORNETQ.
- Have knowledge on Java Swing and JNLP
- Develop new modules with industry standard POS frameworks.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues working with Support teams involving reading and understanding code.
- Identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks.
- Complex system integrations both internal and external.
- Devising scalable and high quality backend services.
- Taking complete ownership of multiple modules.
- Ability to plan and execute quick term migration solutions.
- Understanding custom/packaged solution architecture and design
- Understanding technical/service level/functional requirements and use cases/user stories
- Understanding interfaces requirements/integration stories, and integration patterns/solutions
- Collaborates with technical lead and contributes in user story realization, design sessions and solution architecture development and recommendations
- Expertise in business architecture, collaboration with user community in capturing functional capabilities and generation of capability maps between business and applications/infrastructure components
- Creating Solution Architecture Blueprint document and keeping it up to date
- Lead Architecture and Design reviews and provide recommendations of designs for both functional and non-functional (security, performance, scalability, maintainability etc.) stories.
- Addressing service level requirements including but not limited to security, performance, scalability, high availability
- Works with other stake holders such as application development team, infrastructure team and network team to help address architectural and design related challenges.