Atlanta, GA | Contract
IT Quality Assurance Analyst
The IT Quality Assurance Analyst will work directly with the application development team in a collaborative environment applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Coordinate, Lead and Participate in the testing process, including creating and executing test case that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications with all project stakeholders both internally and externally
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality
- Collaborate with Business Users in defining success factors, test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing while assisting Project Manager in effectively managing scope
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Proactively engages team members to build and foster relationships
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, and/or 3-5 years related work experience.
- 3-5 years related experience with strong understanding of QA methodologies and software development lifecycles, with prior QA process improvement experience
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test results and be confident making decision and recommendations
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills to help with root cause analysis during application verification and defect review
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage simultaneous projects and shift priorities based on business needs. Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach; works well in a team.