IT Project Manager - Foundational
Irving, TX | Contract
Job Title: IT Project Manager – Foundational
A worldwide leader in creating more affordable and accessible technology around the world, this client is looking for talented and dedicated leaders in their field. Team members are inspired to achieve their best, be fueled by collaboration and be committed to integrity and responsibility. Apply today and let your talent take you as far as you can dream.
The IT Project Manager - Foundational will directly report to the Regional Resource Manager and have a matrix reporting line to one or more of the IT Project Group Managers (who manage a Portfolio of Projects and Programs and are based in Asia Pacific, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America or North America).
The IT Project Manager - Foundational will be responsible for managing and executing Project/Program delivery for one of Client' s internal or external customers.
The objective of this role is to ensure that all assigned Projects/Programs are managed within budget, scope and timelines, and follow company standard processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their assigned Projects/Programs to deliver infrastructure technology by working with multiple technology streams. Client interaction, effective stakeholder management, reporting and escalating risks and issues to their IT Project Group Manager are also part of this role.
The role is governed by global project management standards following Client’ s internal project management methodology and has standard tools and processes to follow, with support and oversight provided by the Project Office and helpdesk functions.
- Execute and deliver infrastructure projects in a matrix environment
- Coordinate with Client work streams and business partners to achieve project objectives
- Define project schedules and plans and socialize with project stakeholders
- Juggle and prioritize multiple deliverables across multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain and track project financials against budget, and occasionally coordinate funding approval
- Lead project meetings via agendas, publish meeting notes and track action items
- Manage stakeholder communications including status reporting
- Proactive risk mitigation and change management
- Issue management and escalation
- Team building
- 2+ years’ experience in project management during which a structured approach (methodology) was applied to project planning, estimating, monitoring and reporting through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through closure.
- Management of multiple technology projects simultaneously with a proven track record of delivery and implementing change.
- An understanding of technology infrastructure.
- An understanding of application development would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience of working in virtual teams, working remotely or for a remote manager is an advantage.
- Experience working in a medium to large-scale corporation is an advantage.
- Strong workload management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong planning skills
- Project financial management skills
- Strong influencing, facilitation and partnering skills.
- Strong communications, both verbal and written
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Skilled with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Language skills in addition to English are an advantage.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience in IT or business.
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred