IT Project Manager, Release Management (RPM)
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
IT Project Manager, Release Management (RPM)
This role is a highly-visible position responsible for planning, scheduling, and oversight of software development and delivery of releases and patches.
- Requirements include but are not be limited to the following:
- 5+ years of Release Management experience
- 5+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive issues to closure
- Experience in a large enterprise environment with multiple releases per year across multiple data centers
- Proven experience in tracking and managing projects using MS Project or similar PM software
- Experience with software development life-cycles (SDLC)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with third party development and infrastructure suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies such as applications, databases, networking, telecommunications, and connectivity
- Prior technical and application development experience is desirable
- Bachelor’ s degree in business administration (software development-related), computer science, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
- Oversee all aspects of Release Management across multiple development teams for a large Program in a DevOps culture including maintaining the program release schedule, calendar, dependency map, builds, deployments, and scorecards.
- Manage cross-team IT projects both internal and external to the overall Program.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of all project roles.
- Provide effective communication of project and/or release expectations, goals, approach, priorities, scope, and status to project resources and stakeholders
- Deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations
- Manage project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility including overseeing creation of schedules, documents, and guides for contractors and vendors.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and obstacles
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of project delivery
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project plan to track progress
- Create and maintain project schedule and documentation, and act as liaison among various departments (e.g. BA, QA, etc.)
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Understands various programming languages and ability to understand issues related to coding, testing and deployment
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
- Experience in using various software development methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Detail oriented, organized, and a driver who insists on Release and Project Management best practices be applied
- Uses technical knowledge of products and services and understanding of customer needs to offer alternative approaches to customers.
- Works with customers to develop solutions that conform to architecture framework and strategy
- Examines work processes to identify those that could be eliminated, automated, or made more effective through the use of technology
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that customer problems are managed and solved in a timely manner
- Approaches situations by considering them from different points of view; resists using the same thought process or making assumptions based on past experience; develops more than one solution to problem situations
- Demonstrates patience and self-control under difficult or adverse circumstances; handles stress well
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension (practices active listening); concentrates on what the other person is saying rather than preparing what to say next; takes notes for later clarification instead of interrupting to ask questions
- Develops a career plan with short- and long-term objectives and uses this to guide self-development activities
- Uses insights gained from handling challenging situations to recommend improvements to procedures, workflow, or product design
- Displays passion and optimism; focuses on possibilities rather than limitations.
- Applies lessons learned from experience, including both successes and failures; is willing to break old habits and take a risk by using new skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands; concentrates time and effort on activities that have the greatest potential for payoff
- Treats barriers and problems as opportunities; identifies possible obstacles to goal attainment in a positive manner and works to eliminate them