Broomfield, CO | Direct Hire
IT Manager, Technical Support
Responsible for the direction of the administrators who provide the LAN, WAN and Telecommunications infrastructure for the business organization guaranteeing the availability of data processing equipment users. Determine the technical research and development direction for the LAN group to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Enable and influence change across the business. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership to a team of administrators fostering individual responsibility and accountability to the users of IT services delivered.
- Work with the appropriate IT group to promptly resolve situations.
- Initiate and follow through with other SAs and IT team members in preparing written documentation of work activities related to installations, upgrades and designs made to hardware systems and software.
- Partner with IT leadership in order to implement a consistent network-wide environment within the business organization. Participate in, and conduct as necessary, training for applications and assists to provide instruction to further the understanding of network and or application function.
- Maintain relevant technical knowledge to succeed and thrive in Information Technology. Partner with the business to understand where applications can be the most efficient.
- Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery process on systems and participate in Disaster Recover Exercises when scheduled.
- Direct a team of administrators to deliver data processing information and equipment. Evaluate administrator technical skills to consistently exceed the requirements of the business.
- Day-to-Day activities include staff allocation and assignment, workload balancing, resource planning and forecasting.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science and/or Systems Engineering or a closely related technical field required. A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a similar role is required. Demonstrated increasing levels of leadership responsibilities and decision-making is required.
- Solid knowledge of Cisco Networking: Advanced level knowledge on TCP/IP networks including routing and switching. VLAN and wireless architecture design and implementation.
- Solid knowledge of MCSE or equivalent training on relevant releases of Microsoft Server products from 2003 to current releases.
- Solid knowledge of operating systems at an administrative level: VMware, Gmail, Linux, Droid, iOS,
- Solid knowledge of the principles on how and why an organization chooses to provide excellent customer service.
- Solid knowledge of verbal and written communications to document work procedures.
- Solid knowledge of Commvault
- Solid knowledge of Windows (servers and desktops)
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective work relationships with other staff members and representatives of other departments within the company.
- Ability to be a team player, able to communicate clearly, work independently, and take direct requests from business and IT colleagues.
- Ability to be an effective facilitator of technical decisions.
- Ability to be comfortable with working through ambiguous initiatives to develop effective solutions
- Ability to be creative, comfortable in exploiting existing technologies and learning and using new technologies
- Ability to be creative, technology-savvy and a team player/leader with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate solutions, and be open and able to lead change.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both written and verbally.