IT Business Support Analyst
Sandy Springs, GA | Direct Hire
IT Business Support Analyst
This position is the senior systems analyst in direct support of GIO’ s (Global Infrastructure and Operations) Infrastructure Governance team. This position will participate in new infrastructure build projects as well the analysis of existing applications and utilities as GIO builds new capabilities that require additional knowledge about existing systems. Focus is on service design and transition to include operational, security and compliance requirements, participation with SLA management in service level definition, and the definition of capacity, maintainability, continuity, and availability. Helps with audit and compliance through evidence collection, control design and implementation, and interfacing with auditors. This role works under the immediate supervision of GIO Infrastructure Governance but will interface with project and portfolio management, information security, IT Service Management, GIO Architecture and GIO Operations. Works with and provides direction to other systems analysts and technical writers.
Initial focus will be on the maintainability and availability of new and existing services associated with the following functions: vulnerability response, patch management and adherence to security baseline standards.
- Operational Systems Analysis
- Perform systems analysis to define the service’ s operational, security and compliance requirements. Analyze existing services (applications and utilities) to understand their dependencies on other applications or 3rd party services.
- Support Infrastructure Builds
- Participate in asset commissioning projects to define the service’ s operational, security, and compliance requirements. Work with the service continuity program and the application’ s technical owner to define service continuity plans. Perform systems analysis in define of the service’ s utilities needed by Service Level Management for service level agreements. Document requirements for capacity planning and data loss prevention (backup and recovery plans).
- Enterprise Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Participate with systems engineers to map existing infrastructure back to business services (applications and utilities). Work to define service specific procedures in support of patch management to automate maintenance and move servers from manual patch collections into automated patch and reboot collections. Work with application technical owners to understand communications, maintenance and contractual constraints.
- Support Audit and Compliance
- Identify or define application controls that GIO is performing on behalf of the application’ s technical owner (TO). Participates in audit and compliance requests.
- Understands and applies all policies associated with GIO Infrastructure and Operations. Works with peers, management and technical writers to help establish and document new process and procedures.
- Communicates daily with the project manager any issues, constraints, risks or road-blocks. Provides daily updates of tasks completed and task to-be worked the next day. Provides weekly metrics and status to the management. Must have excellent written, presentation and verbal communications skills.
- Technical Writing /
- Service Delivery Process
- Service Definition
- IT Operations
- Process Engineering
- Procedure definition
- SLA Management
- Capacity Planning
- Project Management Orchestration
Experience with Vulnerability Management is preferred. We would like someone with experience defining process, re-engineering processes for optimization and orchestration. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Degrees, Certifications, or Equivalent Experience
BS Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent major; or equivalent industry experience.