Addison, TX | Contract To Hire
The Help Desk Technician' s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization' s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure.
- Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance. Assists staff in Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology.
- Performs daily server tape backups
- Assists staff in Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications
- Create and Maintain GPOs and VBS/PowerShell Scripts
- Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems VoIP.
- Interact with several computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment, Windows/MAC
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain desktops, laptops and MAC computers
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain VoIP system
- Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
- Develop and document system standards for computer and network devices
- Researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems escalating problems to vendor as necessary.
- Monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security
- Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots networking hardware devices and software
- Install software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops and Servers
- Create and maintain desktop images for deployment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree in an information technology related field with one or more courses in current technology.
- Preferred Certifications: A+
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Desktop Support Technician on a medium sized network of servers, desktop systems and communications devices using current technologies.
- Experience supporting, implementing and administering networks such as Microsoft Windows 2008+, Active Directory and Group Policies (GPO)
- Demonstrated experience supporting, implementing and administering SLQ 2008/2012 server and Exchange 2010
- Experience supporting Windows 7 desktop/laptop PCs and MAC OS computers
- Experience configuring VPN’ s for remote access
- Strong knowledge of VoIP telephony
- Strong knowledge of IIS 6.0 and 7.0 and above
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies and scripting
- Strong knowledge of DNS and DCHP
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and photocopiers.
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines when work speed and sustained accuracy is paramount.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking,
- Ability to perform with minimal or no supervision.