Head of Global Information Systems
Alpharetta, GA | Direct Hire
Head of Global Information Systems (Network, Infrastructure, Operations, Telecom, ERP, Mobile)
The Head of Information Systems is a highly influential role within the organization. This individual is responsible for technology and platform strategies that support our internal and external customers and partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have in depth knowledge and experience working with the full range of infrastructure – from servers to database including telecommunications and with managing and leading teams. The ideal candidate will also have extensive experience in a SAAS company. This position requires dealing with complexity of multiple offices and remote team members across a global environment.
This individual will be a key member of the leadership team and will be responsible for innovation within IS organization, including; defining, planning and executing the technology as it relates to the utilization of technology resources. This position requires a unique combination of a strategic mindset, leadership and high service orientation. The Head of Information Systems will possess consultative and collaborative mindset, be a change agent, and display organizational navigation to aid in moving the executives and leadership on potential business and technology ideas and innovations.
Key Responsibilities & Impact of Position:
- Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems (including telecommunications), programs, and systems software to meet management and company’ s information needs.
- Develops the regional networking strategy including WAN' s, intranets and standards for local LAN' s.
- Establishes information system policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources.
- Provides company-wide direction in areas of policy and planning for data processing and related functions (communication, office systems, etc.).
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the company.
- Responsible for identifying potential information and network or internet security vulnerabilities. Develops and implements solutions to mitigate risks and enhance system security.
- Selects, develops, and motivates qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions and provide for the continuity of managerial and specialized skills.
- Responsible for disaster recovery plan
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in managing one or more information processing functions (operations, development, etc.) and/or through advanced training
- Technical or on-the-job training in programming and hardware installation and maintenance
- Experienced in negotiations of enterprise contracts
Key Factors for Success in the Position:
- Ideal candidate will have high sense of urgency
- Pride in delighting your customers
- Ability to influence executives
- Problem solving/analysis skills
- Customer/Client focus
- Excellent management and project management capabilities, along with strong written and verbal communication skills