Global PDM Project Manager
Alpharetta, GA | Direct Hire
Responsible for project managing a Global Product Data Management (PDM) solution implementation and future management and maintenance of an enterprise PLM solution. The role will support the GRD tool chain and New Product Introduction (NPI) process programs to ensure that all PDM tool chain integrations and requirements are met within the global NPI processes.
- Working with Program Manager of the PDM Solution Program to implement SAP PLM as the enterprise product data management solution .
- Define and implement global PDM project plan.
- Work with Global Enterprise Architect and Global SAP Manager to ensure fitting in client' s application landscape, integrating with other core applications, maintaining good user experience, adhering to architecture guidelines, and following client' s SAP strategy.
- Adhere to client' s project framework and IT governance.
- Work with and manage external systems integrators and solution providers.
- Maintain all PDM databases.
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Provide monthly database reports and statistics.
- Manage and control PDM license requirements worldwide.
- Manage the PDM multi-site server.
- Work with PDM global consultancy company to take responsibility for all database tools and functions.
- Test and approve new functions and changes to the PDM database environment (software tool alpha testing).
- Maintain and configure the PDM graphical user interface.
- End user support via telephone hotline and support email.
- Document all database configurations and customization developed.
- Provide documentation and training for local organization PDM administrators.
- Product Data Management system knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent leadership qualities and the ability to make decisions without perfect information.
- Ability to positively influence others without direct authority in efforts to move assigned projects forward.
- Excellent change management skills. Ability to accept change and respond to setbacks with minimal disruptions.
- Ability to work efficiently within a matrix management organization.
- Provide mentorship and professional development to people.
- Proven experience with global PDM specification and deployment (especially SAP PLM)
- Track record in managing multi-site projects
- 3-7 years' experience in a leadership role
- 3-5 years' experience in dealing with multiple sites and cultures
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant Computer Science field