Front-End UI Developer
Atlanta, GA | Contract
Lead/Senior Front End UI Developer
The Lead/Senior Front End UI Developer be responsible for developing cutting-edge web applications that look and perform superbly across all platforms. The individual will work in a highly collaborative environment alongside cross-functional teams on projects that range from a few weeks to a few months in length. Front-end Developers are largely client-facing and are expected to communicate highly technical challenges and solutions to clients and non-technical team members in a clear and concise manner. We are a small front-end development team, so everyone plays a critical role in creative problem solving, strategic thinking, and delivering products that we are proud of.
• The Lead/Senior Front End UI Developer operates effectively as a member of the Agile development team.
• Also operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
• Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
• Responsible for the development of web applications and components.
• Responsible for the design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs.
• Effectively develops in a clean, well-structured, easily maintainable format.
• Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
• Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
• Be excited about new web technologies/techniques.
• Build solid front-end architectures that integrate easily with other systems and technologies.
• Understand design patterns and write reusable, modular code.
• Love working closely with other disciplines (UX, Design, Architecture, Engineering, QA).
• Have a solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
• Have functioning knowledge of version control, for example Git.
• Expert with techniques and methodologies around responsive design and development.
• Practical exposure and/or experience with some: jQuery, LESS, JSON, AJAX
Styling: CSS, LESS (named styles/rules with meta languages) Databinding: Angular JS
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and guidance.
• Worked in an Enterprise Level Environment.
• Experience customizing Content Management Systems (CMS) or Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
• Involvement in open source projects.
Basic Required Skills:
• Bachelor’ s degree.
• 6 – 10+ years building modern web applications/sites in a professional environment.
• 6 – 10+ years in semantic HTML5 and CSS3, and comfortable with preprocessors.
• At least 1 year experience with server-side scripting and/or development languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, etc.).