Coppell, TX | Direct Hire
Purpose and Responsibilities:
This position is a member of The Client' s Company IT Department and is responsible for accounting, financial analysis and project financial reporting for the Global Information Technology (IT) function. This analysis will be used by IT leadership to evaluate investments in information technology across the company. In addition, this position will also directly support our Technology Business Management software, which will be used to manage IT spend and drive cost reductions.
- Monitor IT invoice queue to ensure proper coding and posting.
- Prepare and review monthly report for capitalization of internal labor.
- Maintain, load and validate data in support of our Technology Business Management software (Apptio)
- Create recurring or ad-hoc reports for the purpose of allowing management to make data driven decisions.
- Reconciliation of project costs between multiple systems of record.
- Monitor capital spending and project forecasts, validate WIP
- Perform and coordinate project-based financial analysis and modeling to support capital spending, profitability, pricing, and productivity projects.
- Evaluate and analyze benchmarking statistics
- Support Annual Planning process for the US IT function
- Bachelor’ s degree minimum.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience with financial planning & analysis.
- Excellent accounting & analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Initiative to identify opportunities and risks.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to all levels of the company.
- Strong organizational, system orientation and project management skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; familiarity with Hyperion products
- Basic understanding of Information Technology.
- Familiarity with guidelines for capital vs operating expense (SOP 98-1)