Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
This position defines, directs, and enforces the implementation and use of the technology, data, applications, and infrastructure to be employed for Client' s IT solutions and identifies and evaluates emerging technologies for their applicability to business solutions.
- Work closely with business and IT Leadership to understand technology and business strategy and their implication to supported applications.
- Define enterprise architecture standards, vision, and governance processes in collaboration with other architects and technology leaders. Ensure all appropriate technology standards are defined and documented.
- Ensure architecture and technology standards are enforced during Architecture Review Board (ARB) meetings where project designs and technical initiatives are reviewed. Coordinate with other IT Governance functions to ensure that their standards and best practices are followed.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise on business system architecture, application integration and development initiatives. Guides solution architects and tech leads in analyzing business requirements and crafting appropriate, cost-effective, and logical solutions.
- Responsible for application scoping, planning, and oversight of development, integration and implementation of projects including evaluation of external products and services as part of architecture and product selection lifecycle.
- Responsible for the customer satisfaction with IT services.
- Communicates across all leadership teams to understand the needs of the business community and to develop an understanding of the basis for Client' s technology platform, tools, and technical solution direction.
- Works with IT peers to formulate and confirm the architecture vision and to deliver on that vision.
Primary responsibility and accountability is providing applications architecture expertise for the current and future Client technology environment. This includes working with business leaders and service providers to develop and implement applications architecture strategies, as well as developing methodologies to ensure compliance to those strategies. Directs analysis, planning, process modeling and implementation of various systems and projects, including implementation and maintenance of various vendor and/or in-house developed business applications. Participates in the development of standards and procedures as well as enforces such standards.
- Bachelors Degree – Computer Science or related business discipline
- 10-15 years’ experience in serving as an architect within a medium to large company or consulting organization including 2 years in an enterprise architect role
- Must have a collaborative style and be able to sell technical ideas and approaches to others, but at the same time be able to take a strong position when warranted. Must have good judgment to know which approach is appropriate for a given set of circumstances.
- Must have experience with Windows/.net environments, services oriented architecture, microservices, standard APIs, web services, mobile development(nice to have), online transaction processing, batch processing/scheduling, and enterprise service buses.
- Experience with C#, iOS, Android, Xamarin, GrahpQL, React Native, AngularJS, Java, Linux, JSON/Restful APIs, XML/SOAP, HTTP, and HTML.
- Experience with agile development methodologies as well as DevOps tools (CI, TFS, SVN, or GIT) and best practices. They will also have experience with performance optimization and with upgrading applications from legacy platforms to modern architectures.
- Must have familiarity with network architecture principles and concepts, including tiering, segmentation, DMZs, firewalls, load-balancing, throttling, failover, and disaster recovery.
- Must have a basic understanding of rules engines, business process management, pub/sub, MVC, containers, IoT (Internet of Things), BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings. Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud is a plus.
- Must have familiarity with security concepts and standards, such as AuthZ, AuthN, OAuth, SAML, PCI DSS, PII, encryption, and tokenization.
- Familiarity with SQL Server and other databases (relational and NoSQL), data warehouses, Hadoop, data analytics, self-service analytics, and master data management (MDM) is a plus. Familiarity with data replication technologies like Shadowbase and ETL tools like SSIS is also a plus.
- Should have a proven track record of motivating staff and dealing with diverse interpersonal relationships, and skilled at balancing strategic versus tactical objectives
- Has researched and evaluated emerging technologies and identified opportunities for use in business processes to meet business objectives or to gain competitive advantage
- Strong communication, influencing and leadership skills; is comfortable in presenting to executive management with demonstrated experience in communicating and forming strategic partnerships with senior business leaders
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, ability to work with ambiguity, and strong sense of confidence to deliver on responsibilities