Alpharetta, GA | Contract
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Builds relationships and works closely with our internal customers to ensure solutions are technically solid, issues are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and on-time.
2. Leads and tracks the progress of multiple projects. Certain projects may require project management and administration that include project planning, maintaining and project plan, providing status reports, and budgeting and procurement.
3. Resolves challenges by analyzing issues, assisting the team to determine the most appropriate course of action, providing direction and, when necessary, reallocating resources.
4. Oversees the capacity of all virtual clusters, and forecasts required infrastructure additions to ensure no negative impacts due to lack of capacity.
5. Work with the Portfolio Management team to ensure that each of our projects has the appropriate amount of budget and resource allocation.
6. Develops and motivates assigned team members.
7. Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management, and internal customers.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or a high school diploma and 8 years of relevant work experience.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience delivering enterprise customer facing solutions.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience designing and building enterprise class distributed systems.
• Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification
• Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas for Mainframe and Distributed platforms, networking, databases, HA/DR, security, PCI compliance, and other IT regulations
• Previous Infrastructure/System Engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
• Expert level technical skill in one or more technology disciplines (Windows or Web Methods).
• Recent experience leading the technical design of high transaction volume distributed systems or other complex projects.
• Architecture Experience with the following Enterprise Technologies: WAN & LAN, Security, Firewall, XML Gateway, Virtualization, HA/DR, SOA
• Experience with application architectures and standards (SOA, N-tier,.NET, Web 2.0, SDLC, RUP, J2EE, etc.)
• Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
• Experience leading and communicating with highly technical engineers and senior leadership.
• Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
• Ability to move projects forward, prioritize tasks and resolve project issues with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with the Microsoft suite of tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.