Director of IT Business Applications - Finance
roswell, GA | Direct Hire
The Director of IT Business Service will deliver on application and software solutions to support business our Financial business unit.
1. Build a Great Team:
- Create a positive, challenging and exciting environment which is conducive to high-performance, teamwork, and a great place to work for all associates
- Identify, recruit, train, develop and retain top talent within your department so that your team delivers excellence for all stakeholders
- Coach and develop your associates so that they perform in their line of business roles and are also cross-trained and developed for expanded roles across the store and/or area.
- Ensure strong teamwork within your department, across the store and with outside sellers and suppliers
2. Deliver Customer Value:
- Ensure that your department layout and organization, staffing, expertise, inventory, equipment, systems, processes and policies all support customer value excellence
- Exceed customer expectations for product breadth, quality, availability, and timely and accurate order fulfillment
- Exceed customer expectations for associate expertise and problem solving, proactive service, timely turnaround time in the store and timely and accurate delivery service; train and coach all associates on customer value excellence
- Build and maintain strong personal relationships with customers, vendors and all store associates
- Measure and track customer value for your department and hold associates accountable for meeting or exceeding expectations
3. Achieve Performance, Growth and Safety Results:
- Create an incident-free environment by involving all associates, promoting a strong safety culture, achieving excellent housekeeping and workplace organization and following all safety policies
- Execute key strategic initiatives to drive high performance to include department organization and layout, product offering and inventory, staffing and expertise, target customers and customer mix, merchandising, delivery service, in-store processes, sales generation and sales support
- Lead, manage and participate in all operations/transactions as required in your department to ensure that you are meeting or exceeding customer and performance expectations
- Set effective goals and monitor key performance metrics to assess daily, weekly and monthly progress and to track improvement initiatives
4. Drive Continuous Improvement:
- As a lead change agent – involve your team in identifying and implementing improvement ideas in order to continuously improve performance for all stakeholders
- Maintain a consistent dialog with the Store Manager concerning the operations of the department and possible opportunities to improve
- Continuously benchmark your department with others across the Area and throughout in order to understand best practices and gain new ideas to reach higher levels of performance
5. Build Business Acumen:
- Build an in-depth expertise in your line of business to include product capabilities, performance and uses, installation/application best practices and service and partnership capabilities from across and from the industry
- Develop a deep understanding of the local market to include end users, customers, products, services, vendors and competitors. Know how to leverage our strengths and capabilities to cause our customers to win
- Thoroughly understand the company operating and financial reports and be able to quickly identify positive/negative business trends and determine root causes to issues
- Coach and develop associates in order to create experts in best practices
- Promote and practice continuous learning and development (both personal and of the team) and capitalize on all relevant training and development opportunities
6. Develop Winning Strategies:
- In line with the Area and Store strategy, develop a winning department strategy to include department organization and layout, product offering and inventory, staffing and expertise, target customers and customer mix, preferred vendors, inventory, merchandising, delivery service, in-store processes, sales generation and sales support.
- Involve associates in developing the department strategy and in creating prioritized action plans to systematically execute the strategy and achieve the targeted results
- Use performance metrics to track progress and adjust strategies to take advantage of market opportunities and to react to changing market conditions
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Leads the integration and support of the Microsoft Dynamics AX financial module, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Month-End Close Processing.
- Responsible for the Finance end-to-end system processes and their continuous improvement
- Experience with designing Dynamics AX Financial module to support complex accounting and finance business processes.
- Lead build out of new functionality in AX and provide project leadership by managing the scope and by delivering to the agreed-upon business requirements.
- Partners with the business to develop performance reports and data analytics for executive analysis.
- Execute and improve a communication plan to match stakeholder analysis for key business and IT initiatives.
- Oversee application development for the Finance business unit following our standard Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process. This includes 5 phases: Analysis, Design, Build, Test and Deploy.
- Mitigate project risk through close collaboration with the business.
- Ensure the applications can be supported with comprehensive development documentation, test cases and logical application diagrams.
- Prepare and own a list of prioritized IT initiatives (including an official charter, list of potential risks, schedule, etc.) to align with improving specific business processes.
- Chair a monthly meeting with the Finance business unit to prioritize current and future application development initiatives.
- Collaborate with the business on quality assurance through regular system reviews and implement corrective actions
- Supervises application developers, architects and software engineers staffed to support the Finance business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor' s degree required. MBA desired.
- 15+ years’ experience, including time working with application development and software delivery
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to deploy IT methodologies and standards to meet the needs of the company
- Working knowledge BI reporting and data visualization tools, such as Tableau,
- Experience with full ERP systems and working knowledge of the Finance/Accounting and HR modules
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to build teams and meet project goals
- Ability to communicate effectively action items and deliverables
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently