Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics
Fort Worth, TX | Contract To Hire
The Director – Enterprise Data and Analytics provides data and analytics guidance to the enterprise. They are a champion for enterprise data and analytics strategy and governance. This role will be responsible for helping the organization become more data driven in decision making by utilizing analytics to develop actionable insight. They will introduce new approaches, reporting and analytics tools into the business units. In addition, this role will identify the specific needs and reporting for the various digital channels and design and develop a set of digital experience metrics and reporting for these channels.
The desired candidate will facilitate this by collaborating with the various business functions and the information technology data team to implement data governance based on best practices.
The successful candidate is outcome-focused and has a leadership style that fosters teamwork. They will provide leadership and management oversight to address existing and future enterprise data needs.
- Support the set-up and operate data governance that outlines and enforces rules of engagement, decision rights, data privacy, regulatory compliance and accountabilities for the effective management of information assets;
- Facilitate enterprise standards for data management and maintenance;
- Facilitate the creation of a business intelligence/analytics platform for the company;
- Help create a comprehensive data warehouse strategy to provide consistent, clean and integrated data to enable user-generated reporting and self-help:
- Navigate unstructured and big data, including social media, emails, pictures, videos, voice and sensor data, client surveys and feedback, and determine which data should – and shouldn’t – be captured and how it might be used;
- Work with various departments to build and maintain business performance dashboards and reports to improve decisions, optimize processes and plans;
- Determine and enforce specific regulatory (to include security and privacy) requirements for each piece of data.
- BA required; MBA or MS or equivalent preferred.
- 10-12+ years’ experience;
- Extensive experience in data analytics, insights and reporting, methods, procedures, policy development and administration and information technology platforms used to store, secure and manage data;
- Financial services industry experience or other highly regulated industry experience a plus;
- Has supported a strategic enterprise data transformation program in another company.
- Extensive experience in project, program and portfolio management planning and execution.
Knowledge, Skills, Behavioral and Technical Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and capabilities associated with all aspects of data;
- Strategic thought leadership to orchestrate the insights activities, meeting current needs and anticipating the future analytics and insight needs;
- Has a strong understanding of social media, cloud computing, mobility and data science;
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills;
- Solid analytical and organization skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments and lead by influence in a matrixed organization
- A strong and empathetic listener that is able to engage others verbally in a range of styles and contexts;
- A strategic and critical thinker who regularly seeks innovative solutions to complex business/technical issues;
- A high energy, results-oriented leader and self-starter with little supervision required;
- Is data driven and comfortable using data to drive decisions and rally support.